AMCA National Event at Barbers
It's Official, AMCA to host a new AMCA National Event at the legendary Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL next May.
- 850 acres of rolling parkland.
- Fan Zone for non-parts vending and AMCA Chapter displays and gathering.
- A flowing ribbon of asphalt that winds through 15 turns to make up a 2½-mile racetrack.
- Just outside of that, place a swap-meet field with room for hundreds of vendors.
- Daily Road Runs heading out on back-road rides through the rural countryside.
- Daily lap of honor around the track for Vintage motorcycles.
- Tech Seminars
- AMCA Judging
- Peer Judging
- Antique & Vintage Bike Shows
- Motorcycle Field Games
- Special Motorcycle Parking & Showcase area for all bikes 1981 and older.
- Children's games
- Motorhome and Camp Sites available
- Crowds of people gathered around classic machines, learning firsthand about the history of motorcycles.
- And in the middle of it all, drop in a world-class motorcycle museum displaying 700 bikes dating back to 1902.
Now here’s the hard part. Imagine all of that is ours for one weekend next May.
That’s the AMCA Lucas Oil Vintage Motorcycle Classic at Barber Motorsports Park, which will debut May 27-29, 2016, in Birmingham, Alabama.
It’s not often we get to talk about something brand-new in the antique-motorcycle world. But this is that rare opportunity. Next year, the AMCA will add a new, special event to its calendar of National Meets. You’ll still be able to get to your favorite events in Nebraska, Florida, Pennsylvania, the Netherlands, North Carolina, Minnesota, California, Ohio and Connecticut. But on the last weekend of May, antique motorcycling will find a gorgeous home in Alabama.
This three-day weekend will include some of the things that make AMCA National Meets the places to be all the way through the season. There will be a massive swap meet filled with vendors offering vintage bikes, parts and memorabilia.
And if you’re looking for a break from all that, plan about a full day just to hit the high spots in the Barber Motorsports Museum, which contains the largest collection of antique motorcycles in the country. Gathered here in one spot are machines from some 140 brands, representing every style of motorcycle from early street machines to classic racers, all housed in a gleaming 140,000-square-foot building.
It all adds up to the AMCA Lucas Oil Vintage Motorcycle Classic, and you can say you were there when it began by making your plans now to be in Birmingham next May.
Yeah, we know that seems like a long way off. But advance tickets and vendor registration for this very special event will be available beginning October 1st for vendors and 12th for spectators. And of course, as an AMCA member, you qualify for a discount.
You’ll find all the details on the AMCA website at www.antiquemotorcycle.org beginning on October 1.
Oh, and while we have your attention, let us take a moment to say thanks to our host and sponsors, the Barber team, Lucas Oil Products, Hagerty Insurance, Mecum Auctions, Iron Horse Trailers, Enfield Racing, Kiwi Indian, Metal Rescue and Coker Tires for making this dream a reality.
Vendors! - For Swap Meet or other Vending Opportunities. For those AMCA members who vend at the Barbers Vintage Fest in the Fall, we gladly welcome you. Please do not contact Barbers for this event will be organized by AMCA.
Spectators! - Advance tickets are available for purchase. AMCA Members receive additional discounts.
See all news stories>>