So....I'm out in the garage on fathers day bolting in a completed engine. Did a cut/polish on some aluminium cases. I'm curious what process other folks have used to polish aluminium? I'm no pro but this works pretty good for me.
My process: Put on my sporty new eye protection glasses, wife bought me. Look like sport sunglasses but clear. I no longer look like "Lester the science teacher" in the garage with my old glasses.
- 1. a light hand sand to any particularly nasty gouges.
2. first mop on the wheel. (the red compound)
-- rub down w/ clean soft cloth
3. second -new mop. (the white compound), moving multidirectionally from different angles to give good reflectance from final surface.
4. third -new mop. light machine oil and fine pumace mixed into a paste. Applied to surface then buffed off, Same rotation.
5. finish beer -admire handwork, maybe spray with WD40 to seal/protect from exposure to air.
What's your process????