Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jd mrsp

Nevada DMV want 150% of the MRSP to issue a bonded title.
    When it comes time to register it, I will have to pay tax as i haven't paid tax in any state.
    I don't know what this amount will be. I expect it will be a lot more than I want to pay.
    Then i will also need insurance. This should be in the low hundreds, I hope.

My antique mc insurer is the same as Robbie said, original price means nothing, it is about what it is worth today in the current condition it is in at an agreed price. Yes, low hundreds $ with my experience.
    Bob Rice #6738

Quote Originally Posted by aumick10 View Post
    Nevada DMV want 150% of the MRSP to issue a bonded title.
    When it comes time to register it, I will have to pay tax as i haven't paid tax in any state.
    I don't know what this amount will be. I expect it will be a lot more than I want to pay.
    Then i will also need insurance. This should be in the low hundreds, I hope.
    The bond is generally pretty affordable. however for the tax if you do not have a record of what you paid for it they will base it on current Blue Book, at least that seams to be the norm. In NM the tax is at a rate of about 2% on used vehicles. It isn't the same as sales tax so it should be within reason. Could cost about $500-600 depending on your state. Also, if they think what you show is too low they can again defer to the Blue Book, so telling them it was a $50 barn find probably won't work!
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

In Wisconsin I got a bonded title on my 1925 JD and the total price of tax, bond, title and registration was less than $600. They appraised the bike at $26,000. I had before and after pictures and receipts that I spent on it.

Jerry

Not long ago I paid $1000 tax to register a 1989 FLT I had just finished building. I think I valued that at about $10K to register it.
    The bond for that one was $250, on a $12000 value.
    The JD is complete and running, but not restored yet. I should register it before I restore it.

When you live in a state with no taxes for certain things they get you on the other end. There is no free lunch....
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

At least I only have to pay tax once for the first rego.
    No state sales tax is an ongoing benefit.