Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prototype OHV H-D

Quote Originally Posted by 41craig View Post
    I just talked to a friend about this bike. It sold, on Ebay, 5 or 6 months ago for about $140,000.00. Now this guy wants $250,000.00.
    Craig
    Itís my bike and it was back then also. And it never sold.

It’s one of those things if the price is right it’s for sale if not I wouldn’t mind keeping it (probably should Hold onto it)

Quote Originally Posted by kitabel View Post

1. Major marketing rule still true after 100 years: if you build something new, its target must be people who otherwise would not buy your existing products.
    I don't know if I agree with that statement. People are generally very loyal to a brand, hence the popularity of Honda, Toyota, F-150s, McDonalds, etc. regardless of what new stuff they foist on the public. In regards to the OHV 45; I think H-D was glad to have gambled, and won with the 61" OHV but I don't think they were anxious to revisit that nerve wracking experience ahead of a war that everyone knew was coming. Again, I wish they had built it, but H-D obviously made the right decision to stay with the sidevalve 45.
    Last edited by exeric; 08-27-2019 at 06:36 PM.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

If the buyer were going to buy an existing H-D product otherwise, the profit is limited to the difference between the OHV and what they were going to buy. If they were going to buy an EL they lose money.
    If the buyer were not going to buy an H-D product, they sell one more bike. The profit is from a new sale, not the just the difference.

C'mon Folks,...

There's no way it could go into production with plumbing like that.

Awesome nonetheless!

Somebody should make a kit.

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-28-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdiesel25 View Post
    It’s my bike and it was back then also. And it never sold.
    Sorry Jdiesel25. This friend of mine and I talked about this machine when you had it for sale the first time. I couldn't remember if it sold or not. We thought that someone purchased it and was trying to turn it. Which would be a sin. And not that it's not worth every penny that you ask. Just the history is fun for us old Harley guys. I would insure it for what you are asking or more. It's not like you can find another one.
    Craig

... We thought that someone purchased it and was trying to turn it. Which would be a sin......Just the history is fun for us old Harley guys. ..Craig
    Would it be a sin, Craig,...

If somebody bought it for a pattern reference,

And entertained a world-wide market with some fun History?

Otherwise, it might as well be behind glass.

...Cotten
    AMCA #776

Sorry Jdiesel25. This friend of mine and I talked about this machine when you had it for sale the first time. I couldn't remember if it sold or not. We thought that someone purchased it and was trying to turn it. Which would be a sin. And not that it's not worth every penny that you ask. Just the history is fun for us old Harley guys. I would insure it for what you are asking or more. It's not like you can find another one.
    Craig
    I have it insured. I figured I’d throw it out there if it brings a high number I’d sell it. If not I wouldn’t mind keeping it. It’s cool to look at

Picture. ..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spaghettihead!

I love it.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776