Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How Many Knuckleheads still kicking

That is awesome Rollo !! Keep me in mind when you want one to have a good home LOL- I am in Maryland I could pick it up this weekend-- LMAOROTF ( in case some don't know that would be)---- laughing my ass off rolling on the floor

as this texting generation would text ......

But this was my original point even with the frauds there seem to still be a good number of Knucks out there not to mention a fair number going overseas !!

Question could the D.O.T have the answer thru registration of vehicles ??? And could it be accessed thru public information act ? But that could be erroneous as in someone parting out a bike but keeping the title or lost titles not to mention fake ones that were mentioned !!!
    "you gonna sit there and argue ......or FISH " Claude Leadbetter

Having always been a Knucklehead fan and not so much Panhead I always paid attention to Knuckles for sale. A few observations..
    Most Knuckles that survive are post war due to several factors. They were more plentiful due to increased production, they were not totally worn out and were sometimes parked forever leading to good examples of OP bikes, they were bypassed when the new Panhead came out. The bad is they were cheap and good chopper fodder so many ended up very heavily modified.
    Pre-war bikes were already used and had been passed over early on for newer models, were cheap, and were expendable.
    Immediate pre-war models were run into the ground as basic transportation during the war years, both by civilian and Police/Commercial use with '41s being the most common.
    I currently have a 41EL, a 42FL, and a 47FL.

Rubone,
    I thought 1947 was the year that H-D produced the most ?? hmmmmmm

I re read your post and saw that you had said post war regarding production -my bad.
    Last edited by fxcw64; 08-16-2019 at 03:43 PM.

I am new here but the tally is at 9 with just Rubone and Rollo and that is just the begining of the letter ''R'' LOL

Any way if one of the high brass wanted to start a thread with a Knucklehead count that would be KOOL but someone would have to tally and eliminate the possibility of duplication as well !! Honer system would rule or each poster could verify with a witness AMCA member and #

Any statisticians on this site .......... I am gonna bet Wisconsion or Pennsylvania has the most maybe Cali in the top 5 because of Population and the ANGELS!! I could see Knuckleheads mysteriously migrating to Oakland ,Cali

Pics would be awesome but that is asking a lot !

Also there is a pic PRG posted on this thread with 10 so we are now at 19 knucks haha ! But the "ones" in the pic are not official until verified someone could verify and would need an identifier (engine # or something) so as not to duplicate !!

This could be fun !!
    Last edited by fxcw64; 08-15-2019 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fxcw64 View Post
    Question could the D.O.T have the answer thru registration of vehicles ??? And could it be accessed thru public information act ? But that could be erroneous as in someone parting out a bike but keeping the title or lost titles not to mention fake ones that were mentioned !!!
    I know of more bikes in collections that are not registered or licensed that I do of licensed bikes. Like John Bergen's collection of every year knuck none of them are currently registered. I have four Kuncks in my own garage that aren't registered. Plus a JD, couple Pans, Shovels, and newer stuff.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    I know of more bikes in collections that are not registered or licensed that I do of licensed bikes. Like John Bergen's collection of every year knuck none of them are currently registered. I have four Kuncks in my own garage that aren't registered. Plus a JD, couple Pans, Shovels, and newer stuff.
    That answers that thanks Chris. Interesting ...

So Chris that would add 12 plus your 4 puts us at 35 !!!! Kinda feel like Jerry Lewis on MS telethon weekend on labor day

Jerry -" Hey Ed give me the NUMBER whats the tote up too " LOL

Rollo do I need to hook a trailer to my pick up LOL-

have a great weekend all !!!

I can't say how many knuckles are still alive and running out there but it has to be in the thousands as I have probably seen that many different ones over the last 50 plus years. As Chris says there are many, many, knuckles in collections that never see the light of day. We have at least 6 more in our little AMCA chapter besides mine that I know of. I know of probably another dozen or more in NC not to mention what Dale and Mat have at WTT. I know the guy that owner a cleaning and damage restoration business has one of every year and in some case multiples. Bottom line is there are way more that just a few out there and with replacement case and bogus cases probably more that were ever produced but the factory. JMHO. I know you are kidding about the trailer deal but my knuckles are the last things I would get rid of and don't even think about a midnight visit. It wouldn't work out well!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766

Steve

It would have to be some one with utmost integrity,honesty and time to compile,organize probably by state the data ! Also the person should probably be an AMCA judge as to not have the wool pulled over on him and have a real working knowledge of counterfit numbers and what to look for .....

Luke

I think you just described Superman
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Quote Originally Posted by fxcw64 View Post
    Steve

It would have to be some one with utmost integrity,honesty and time to compile,organize probably by state the data ! Also the person should probably be an AMCA judge as to not have the wool pulled over on him and have a real working knowledge of counterfit numbers and what to look for .....

Luke
    You certainty don't need to be a judge in order to be knowledgeable about numbers.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Here's a couple more. The gray 1945 and the green 1938 on the cover of Bruce Palmer's books are titled, licensed, and ridden.
    Dave