Thread: Frame Hallmark No. Insert

Default Frame Hallmark No. Insert

A couple of years ago I met a guy either at at Oley or Hebron who was selling inserts of the correct frame casting hallmark numbers. These were cast pieces that are welded into a machined pocket in the neck castings. Needless to say, I've lost his contact information and need to get in touch. I believe he was from New Jersey, as he knew an old friend of mine, Wally Brower/Blitz Manufacturing. Does anyone have this guy's contact information?
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

I'd be curious as well, Bill. He may have been the same man making the frame forging sidecar loop numbers. Like you said, I recall a pocket had to be milled into the forging.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pedalino View Post
    A couple of years ago I met a guy either at at Oley or Hebron who was selling inserts of the correct frame casting hallmark numbers. These were cast pieces that are welded into a machined pocket in the neck castings. Needless to say, I've lost his contact information and need to get in touch. I believe he was from New Jersey, as he knew an old friend of mine, Wally Brower/Blitz Manufacturing. Does anyone have this guy's contact information?
    Bill; There is an Ebay seller from Madisonville, Tn., that goes by corvettejames that sells both inserts for $75.00 each.
    Craig

Wow I could use some, Folks!

But I would silver-solder, not weld them.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Rich Zigler 423 420 0480. he doesn't do email, he lives in Madisonville, Tenn