Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wauseon gate time question ????

Default Wauseon gate time question ????

I`m told no admission until Thursday the 18th @ 8AM

This was the "rule" and subject of a long thread here last year. ( the various reasons and pros & cons were well covered at that time.)

So, I arrived before 9AM Thursday and found the place almost full. Difficult to navigate and park the bus & trailer but we made it.
    I then spoke to other vendors already set-up: "We came in yesterday, the fairground is happy to collect the extra $20 camping fee and let you in"

Any input appreciated as I like to plan ahead .

Thank you

Same experience, was a bit of a nuisance as I drive down from Canada and it’s hard to time it, but knowing the $20 addition helps.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Dablaze View Post
    Same experience, was a bit of a nuisance as I drive down from Canada and itís hard to time it, but knowing the $20 addition helps.

Craig
    Sorry I wasn`t clear.

I am being told that getting in early is NOT possible this year.

Trying to determine if that is correct.

Eight and All
    Yes, it is true that only Staff and those helping lay out the vending field will be allowed on the grounds before 8 AM Thursday, July 18. No early vendors or campers arrivals will be admitted.
    This was a tough decision for the Planning Committee, but our volunteer Staff is being overwhelmed by attempting to satisfy early arrivals. What used to be a couple of hours of volunteer work each day has morphed into a week long marathon.
    Those non-Staff members arriving early will be asked to wait for opening time in the public parking lot.
    Please understand that this decision was not made to discourage vendors or members in any way, but to insure the long-term success of the Wauseon National.
    See you all Thursday morning.
    Best regards, Fred Davis
    Fred Davis AMCA #9176

You have to draw the line somewhere or people will come earlier and earlier each year.

This meet will be on my calendar for 2020! Another commitment postponed my trip this year!
    Craig (Delaware)
    Perkiomen Chapter
    AMCA Member #1011

[QUOTE=craig (DE);182046]You have to draw the line somewhere or people will come earlier and earlier each year.

**Yes Craig...and the line forms here. >>> https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzv9vhvB...ns_share_sheet **Wonder who set this Fandango Up?

400c72737fe984ca1d13792cf2c3f350--walmart-fails-walmart-jokes.jpg

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 07-11-2019 at 03:06 AM.

Just in case you're wondering? Instagram knocked off the above link for some reason? Checked the Wauseon Walmart facebook and Company listings--and they show Zero information as to confirming or denying this event.
    Here's the select/simple ad some are running on Instagram.

**Wednesday Pre-Swapmeet Sale and Party Wauseon Walmart w/overnight parking for all vehicles.
    **Walmart management confirmed.

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 07-12-2019 at 03:23 PM.

I admire Wauseon for their strict opening time. I think everyone should have the same shot at what the vendors bring for sale. I also think it is better for vendors who can get a feel for the market value on items they aren't sure about. I have always tried to share what I have by being a vendor, and making things I don't need, available; but there are sharks out there. I will never forget an early morning buyer (with a flashlight) who didn't like my price on a part. His comment was; "In New Jersey, we give a vendor's discount". . . . Right.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

I find the Walmart thing pretty funny if at all true. The meet starts Friday, but as is the new norm, the great volunteer chapter members usually allow non vendors (shoppers) in the day prior during setup. Now that's not good enough, we have the need to meet even before that. My question lately is, why in the hell do we all keep shopping past Thursday if all the good parts can only be had that day. I have no idea why I've walked around for the last 15 years in the Wauseon heat and rain finding parts after that first day. I actually found things I needed after that initial day, imagine that! Damn, now if I start shopping in the Walmart parking lot maybe I can find even better parts. Have we come to this? I sure wish I was a little older (not really) and could have enjoyed the small meets on a doctors' farm trading parts from an open car trunk. I still feel the first day of any meet should only be open to AMCA members. Shouldn't the club members benefit first. The club is always trying to stimulate growth, what a better way, you can't go through the gate unless you're a member, wa lah a new person joins to enter.
    Bob Rice #6738

S.E.N.Y. State American side of Hudson River

Quote Originally Posted by exeric View Post
    I admire Wauseon for their strict opening time. I think everyone should have the same shot at what the vendors bring for sale. I also think it is better for vendors who can get a feel for the market value on items they aren't sure about. I have always tried to share what I have by being a vendor, and making things I don't need, available; but there are sharks out there. I will never forget an early morning buyer (with a flashlight) who didn't like my price on a part. His comment was; "In New Jersey, we give a vendor's discount". . . . Right.
    You mean NY isn't the only place they expect that?? Well, golly gee.
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh