Thread: compensator sprocket

Default compensator sprocket

Anybody recognize this style compensator? It's the only one of this style I've ever seen. I'm familiar with the earlier H-D version with the 2" hex fastener with the grease fitting in the middle of it. And of course, the 55-sometime in the 70's one with the exposed big spring and the spline. Maybe a hint as to its manufacturer.....Attachment 25060

Quote Originally Posted by Omarttentmaker View Post
    Anybody recognize this style compensator? It's the only one of this style I've ever seen. I'm familiar with the earlier H-D version with the 2" hex fastener with the grease fitting in the middle of it. And of course, the 55-sometime in the 70's one with the exposed big spring and the spline. Maybe a hint as to its manufacturer.....Attachment 25060
    It is this one,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Cool.....Thanks for the insight....What was the time frame for that item? Is there a date somewhere on your literature?

Note that the "NEW" Indian Warrior was introduced for 1950.. My scan is from a copy of American Motorcyclist of that era. Without digging through them I don't know what month, But I have all of them published from issue 1 to the mid '60s where I lose interest..
    Last edited by Rubone; 06-22-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Yeah, the Indian ad got by me. Thanks for the info.