Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allegheny Chapter Road Run

Todd thanks for posting pics and hosting this gig. You guys always have great runs and this time with the abundance of food it was over the top. This is what Rick was talking about in giving the customer good value for their dollars. The Flight 93 Memorial was especially moving and emotional to a lot of us. Not sure when I'll be up that way again but I will call you about the Rolling Rock tour. As I said before I think everyone had a great tiem and I know those in our group sure did. Congrats to you Richard and all those who put this on! Good job! Rick and Janet Allen posted a bunch of stuff on Instagram. I don't do any social media but those that do can check it out.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766

Just wanted to say thank-you to everybody that put this together, I really enjoyed it. Met many new friends & was able to get to know people at the run & in the evening hours. A great bunch of folks, great food & drink, excellent riding. My 1961 DUO-GLIDE ran like a Trooper some 1100 miles total with ride down & back. Tony Conley AMCA #1528

Great pictures! Looks like a great run!
    Craig (Delaware)
    Perkiomen Chapter
    AMCA Member #1011

A few more mostly from 55tmms (Todds) camera

Klay Winery - Day 1 lunch stop

Misc - Day 1 evening in Ligonier

Nightly Bonfire

Opening banquet

Ohiopyle State Park - Youghiogheny River
    Jason Z
    AMCA #21594
    Near Pittsburgh PA
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Day 2 Lunch Stop Addison VFD

Addison VFD Staff who served up great home cooked lunch

Misc Pics

Jason Z
    AMCA #21594
    Near Pittsburgh PA

Jason Z
    AMCA #21594
    Near Pittsburgh PA

I want to thank all the AMCA members and passengers who participated in our Chapter sponsored National Road Road Run in Ligonier PA. When our Road Run Committee decided two years ago to sponsor a Road Run, we did so with a degree of trepidation not knowing if our plans would result in a successful and enjoyable experience for all participants. We drew on our experience of sponsoring three previous National Road Runs, set up a plan and hoped for the best knowing there was only so much our Committee could do.

At the end of the three days of riding, three catered lunches, two banquets and great food, beautiful roads (except for one short stretch with potholes) and scenery, a couple of bonfires, decent weather, just a few breakdowns, a few brews, the best camaraderie and loads of fun, we concluded that it all came together as we hoped. Of course, we had a lot of help from our Committee, the host hotel, our caterers, the Laurel Highland Visitors Bureau and many other folks in the community who welcomed us with open arms.

Old motorcycles have a way of drawing folks together. We know that. And this Road Run was no exception. Although we had some rain on our Monday night bike show on the Ligonier Diamond, the Bill Toms Band played and folks from the surrounding community came out to see our bikes.

I have always said that AMCA National Road Runs are the best kept secret in the Club. For those who have never attended one, please join the fun and adventure on a future Road Run. A National Road Run provides an opportunity to ride your old motorcycle in an area of the country you would probably not visit on your own. So thanks again to the 150+ Riders and 28 Passengers for joining us in Ligonier. I can assure you our Committee and attending Chapter Members had just as much fun as you had riding the roads in our own backyard that we know so well.
    Richard
    Richard Spagnolli
    AMCA #6153