Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: never forget D Day

Harold (my father), Jerold, Howard, and Clendon four brothers of 12 children from the northwestern hills of Pennsylvania who answered the call. My father landed at Normandy as did Jerold and Clendon. They made it all the way to meet up in Berlin. All four made it home. For that I'll always be grateful. They taught me many things. Their father was a WW1 veteran. My father and his brothers never talked about their service but they hated it when I was drafted and sent to the jungles of Southeast Asia and they was so very happy when I made it home. Dad drove an ambulance and Deuce and a half with Patton's 3rd, entered the battle of the Bulge, liberated a death camp, and entered Berlin with Patton. Clendon was with the combat engineers as I was and deployed scissor bridges, Jerold was a foot soldier. They of all passed on and not a day goes by that I don't think of them. I try to always thank WW2 and Korean vets when I meet them and they stand out in a crowd if you know what I mean. Also thank the new vets even though they blend in so it's hard to know. Sorry to go on but I'm so very proud of them and their fellow veterans. I hope someday there will never be another war but I seriously doubt it.
    DrSprocket

You should be proud of your extremely patriotic family's dedicated service and your own service......I too hope someday the need for war will not be the way to solve the world's problems..
    Ross

can anyone suggest some links for the June 6 ceremonies, particularly of the veterans, interviews, etc. i saw a few interviews in the 'news' of the day before, but saw nothing for June 6. just the daily usual daily drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    You should be proud of your extremely patriotic family's dedicated service and your own service......I too hope someday the need for war will not be the way to solve the world's problems..
    What Ross said. Thanks for the post, and your service, Rich.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

The true boys to Men day it was. From the cradle to extreme courage day as well. They stopped the most wicked humans the world may have ever seen.

Default World War display at Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum - Indian 841

The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum has a special display on World War II that will last until 12 January 2020. The exhibit started on June 6th.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    George Tinkham
    Springfield, IL
    www.virmc.com

1941 Indian 841
    1948 Indian Chief
    1956 H-D KHK
    1960 CH
    1964 BMW R69S
    1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
    1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Thank you for your service and the post. I'm still going through my father's stuff, which includes my grandfather's stuff. Found this book and thought it was pretty cool.

Photo 1:

Photo 2:

Photo 3:

End
    Fletcher Clark Johnston
    AMCA #282