Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: never forget D Day

Default never forget D Day

let us never forget what happen today and the sacrifice that was made

Second that.

God Bless these American & Allied Hero's!!! Your lives would never be as they are today, if those men & women didn't make the ultimate sacrifices!!!

fullsizeoutput_6b1.jpg

*Just a side note: Google will highlight a massive front page of 'LGBTQ', or some communist you never heard of, but today, their face page has zero D-Day Memorial!!! I forgot them a long time ago--Royal Bastards!!!

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 06-06-2019 at 10:17 PM.

Liberty's flying the flag today, Folks!

Hearing stories from the survivors, I wonder how they were immune to PTSD.

Truly a great generation.

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-06-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

My dad was 19 when he landed on the beach.A navy pharmacist mate who was grabbed by the army and spent 6 months with army medics before getting back to his ship.
    It was always hard to get him to talk about it.

Tom

My Uncle Don was there, Tom. He never talked about that so no one can say what he did, and saw there. I also think of our past AMCA president Bob McClean, and treasure Bud Cox who were both at Normandy.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Watching and listening to these grand men again return to Normandy, it was impossible to not well up with gratitude for what they did there and what they gave us. My Mom's 3 brother's served, one in the Navy on the Pacific ocean, one in the Army at New Guinea and the other as a Marine at Iwo Jima. my Dad was 36 in 1941, he tried to enlist, but they told him he would better serve the country continuing to farm.

My great uncle was a POW during WW2. His family did not here from him for almost two years. When he showed up at their door one day they were shocked!

Dave

As your President I am humbled by today's anniversary. At 11 am today my friend and I set out to attend 10 Winnipeg Memorials with my 1942 and 1943 WLC Harley 45's. Both went across Europe in the day. The 43 repatriated from Holland in the 90's., the 42 ended up in Berlin and came back to Canada in 1946 to a western military base ( not common to do then). It was an emotional day as both of us riders are sons of WW2 Veterans. My friend is also my son's father in law who's Dad was only 16, my Dad was already 33 years old. I have 2 Uncles buried in France, one never got off the beach in France...please reflect on my column a few months back when I mention my mentor Lt. Colonel Bert Bentley..(in our mag in 1999..on the cover) he was the beach commander for Juno and my friend..albeit 45 years my senior. We were met by many people but tears came to our eyes when we hit the Vet Hospital and 99 year old Bill came out to greet us... By God the will of those men at that time is un-paralleled...To all the sons and daughters of the Allied Forces on those 5 Beaches, I salute you..
    Last edited by Ross; 06-07-2019 at 10:26 AM.
    Ross