Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1922 Indian with Disc Wheels

Default 1922 Indian with Disc Wheels

I donít know much about Indians but this rig is coming up at a local estate auction and I know it is being advertised in the AMCA magazine.
    My question is the disc wheels or covers. Are they a factory option or aftermarket? Iíve never seen them before.

Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images

Decorative covers. kept the mud out of the spokes.

That is an Indian Standard. It was a Power Plus that was updated with the new Chief fenders, and fork. Indian didn't want it to compete with the new Chief, hence the name Standard. In reality, Indian was using up left over Power Plus motorcycles, and many of them were exported. I love the Standard, and think it was a beautiful motorcycle. If you go to that auction, Chuck, let us know how it does.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Wheel covers on a H-D.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Well, the 1922 Standard did well. For better or worse I bought it.
    Purchased new by the grandfather of the family that sold it. The grandfather used it as his daily for 10 years I’m told, then it sat for 40 years, restored by his son in 1973, used mostly for shows for 10 years and then sat for 35 more years. The son had passed away and his children were selling it.
    I probably paid too much but after going over it (and getting ready to sell a car that will finance the Indian) I settled on my high number and that’s that.
    Once I get it home I’ll start resurrecting it, cosmetically it is good and it turns over and everything seems to be there but time will tell.
    Last edited by midman; 06-08-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Congratulation on the Indian what an amazing motorcycle. I wanted to attend the auction for some of the porcelan signs but could not make it to York today.

I wouldn't worry about what you paid for it; enjoy the motorcycle and the joy it brings you forget what it cost. Joy, happiness and memories can not be bought and what you have now will provide those to you and they have no price.

Don’t look back with buyer’s remorse (I can say that...it was your checkbook!). Your pictures are small but it looks good, and the provenance sounds pretty neat!
    Pisten Bulley is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Green Indian's philosophy is one to hang your hat on. I was told about that bike. Nice job...congrats
    Ross

Thanks for coming back with the rest of the story, Chuck. Congratulation on getting a beautiful motorcycle.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Had to unwind the deal. Went to pick up the bike today and the VIN on the title is a state issued VIN that is nowhere to be found on the bike. It certainly isn’t the engine serial number.
    My guess is the cases may have been replaced when it was restored though it is a 1922 serial number on the engine.
    Anyway I offered the estate about 1/3 less then what I originally bought it at. Don’t think they’ll take it but you never know.