Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I think I am rich...

Quote Originally Posted by Dablaze View Post
    Thatís Mark (Animalhouse something...) he has been one of the fairest most helpful eBay sellers I have ever dealt with...great guy! I hope to meet him in person one day.

Craig
    You are correct there, he is a great guy. Ever notice the guys that are bitching about high prices on this stuff only do so when they're buying.............never when they are selling? Most, readily quote eBay prices as the reason they've priced their "stuff" where they have obtained their pricing info, or Mecums/Bonhams auction results as their guidelines on complete machines. Hypocrites......

Quote Originally Posted by riggpigg View Post
    You are correct there, he is a great guy. Ever notice the guys that are bitching about high prices on this stuff only do so when they're buying.............never when they are selling? Most, readily quote eBay prices as the reason they've priced their "stuff" where they have obtained their pricing info, or Mecums/Bonhams auction results as their guidelines on complete machines. Hypocrites......
    My point is that a few people say " #@* are going for $1800.00 on Ebay " I always ask " Are they selling for that price or is that what they are asking?" I start my auctions at 99 cents. And there have been times that I could believe what the item sold for.
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by 41craig View Post
    My point is that a few people say " #@* are going for $1800.00 on Ebay " I always ask " Are they selling for that price or is that what they are asking?" I start my auctions at 99 cents. And there have been times that I could believe what the item sold for.
    Craig
    Yes, I love the auctions that say "No Reserve" and start the bidding at the price they want........LMAO!! I had no Idea that there are several ways to interpret "No Reserve"
    But there is???????

I've bought and sold on Ebay since 2003. You either have a reserve or you don't. I've never tried to add a reserve after the auction starts, but you might be able to if you have no bids. I don't think that you can change your auction or add a reserve after you have a bid. I could be wrong.
    Also; I mean't to say that some times I could NOT believe what an item sold for.
    Craig

I think he means that the startng bid is in fact a reserve to most peoples way of thinking.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tfburke3 View Post
    I think he means that the startng bid is in fact a reserve to most peoples way of thinking.
    Tom
    I totally agree with Craig, but there are some(including eBay) that think it is in fact still a no reserve auction with a minimum bid.......you either have a reserve or you dont???

Riggpigg; You may be on to something here. Ebay has made a LOT of changes lately. In the past month or two, when I start an auction, they have changed the look of the seller page that I have trouble with. They constantly send me messages with their new and improved updates that are a lot more friendly to a pencil pusher than an old Harley chopper man like me.
    Craig

E-Bay is trying to compete with Amazon and Wayfair and they're losing. E-Bay has been flat for three years past. I remember five new pages a night under antique Harley. Now your lucky for a half a page. They keep screwing with things that are just pissing people off. I can tell they're hurting just by the amount of questionnaires they send me because of our store. God forbid they would let you tell them the real truth instead of multiple choice. Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Luland View Post
    E-Bay is trying to compete with Amazon and Wayfair and they're losing. E-Bay has been flat for three years past. I remember five new pages a night under antique Harley. Now your lucky for a half a page. They keep screwing with things that are just pissing people off. I can tell they're hurting just by the amount of questionnaires they send me because of our store. God forbid they would let you tell them the real truth instead of multiple choice. Bob L
    I second those thoughts !!
    Craig