Thread: Linkert Carb over flow

Default Linkert Carb over flow

I'm still working on my 1941 Sport Scout. I got it running but today the carb was over flowing with gas. Am I right to assume that the float is stuck?

Or the level is too high, or the needle & seat is leaking

Thanks, I'm gonna have to take it back off and have a good look. I'm pretty sure I set the level correctly.

Make sure the float is off center the correct way. That prevents it from hanging up on the casting on the carb body.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

The service manual level is only correct with an original or exact replica float. Several aftermarket floats require different settings due to their weight.

Lux!

Please be certain that your bowl is also indexed with the valve beneath the HS needle, or as close to the choke mechanism as possible.

The only way to determine if the float is hanging-up against the bowlstem or side of the bowl is to flip the entire carb and bowl upside down, and suck upon the valve to be certain it is fully shut in that position.

Beware also of some productions of floats that are not only boatanchors, but those that may swell in modern fuels.

....Cotten
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-24-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!