Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Happend to Rhinebeck show

Default What Happend to Rhinebeck show

Guys i know this is old news to you guys about Rhinebeck Swap meet being no more. Me being a newbee to the club....What happened ?? Was it poor attendance? I mean i went to the may swap meet for cars for 30 yrs and it was packed. Not so much for the bikes but seemed to be enough people bikes and interest. I hope terryville ct turns out well, as i plan a attending...

Must be a big secret......

I went for a few years as well and always enjoyed it and it seemed crowded. I recall something about the orginal site which it was held out - perhaps they had conflicts for the preferred times ??? Isnt it being held this year but a a new site ??
    Maybe run a search since I think it was touched on in the past.
    Best
    Dan

No big secret. It had it's time and place and I thank the people that busted their asses to put it on. I never understood the whole super meet mentality. But to hold it at a uppity venue in Dutchess County was a total joke. The you can't leave police, The electrical police, the siren police. The don't you dare ride that skate board in here police while there's drunks flying all over the place on motorcycles ( This happened to my son Conner. Four of these assholes almost tackled him). The list was endless with these clowns. I was happy with the little meets. Last time I was there a couple of years ago. The gate at opening time on Friday morning had less than 10 ten people standing at it. As I'm writing this my wife and I are rolling just thinking of the total asininities that occurred during our visits there. I'll stop here. I'm having way to much fun. Did I mention the $6 clam hockey pucks they called hamburgers. Bob L

While at Oley, they were pushing new AMCA national meet at Tompkins County Fairgrounds Trumansburg NY July 4 thru 7th, sounded good with 150 vendors signed up already.

The Empire Chapter used to do a National before Rhinebeck came along, and we're doing it again now that Rhinebeck is over. It's at the Trumansburg Fairgrounds (not Tompkins County). This is the Finger Lakes Region of N.Y., a beautiful area. There'll be a wine tour offered-by bus. Info is on the website: www.empirechapter.com.

The map on your website shows a road that is labeled "county fairgrounds", and the street address in MapQuest (2150 Trumansburg Rd.) is the address of the Tompkins County fairgrounds. Where are the Trumansburg Fairgrounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Luland View Post
    No big secret. It had it's time and place and I thank the people that busted their asses to put it on. I never understood the whole super meet mentality. But to hold it at a uppity venue in Dutchess County was a total joke. The you can't leave police, The electrical police, the siren police. The don't you dare ride that skate board in here police while there's drunks flying all over the place on motorcycles ( This happened to my son Conner. Four of these assholes almost tackled him). The list was endless with these clowns. I was happy with the little meets. Last time I was there a couple of years a go. The gate at opening time on Friday morning had less than 10 ten people standing at it. As I'm writing this my wife and I are rolling just thinking of the total asininities that occurred during our visits there. I'll stop here. I'm having way to much fun. Did I mention the $6 clam hockey pucks they called hamburgers. Bob L
    Thanx for your honesty Robert. I being sort of a newbie here wasnt aware of all the problems that were encountered thier...brett

That road is the road inside the fairgrounds. I checked mapquest and google maps to be sure- they both call that address Trumansburg fairgrounds. That is the spot. As I understand it, there was a county fairgrounds in another part of the county, but it's no longer used.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Luland View Post
    No big secret. It had it's time and place and I thank the people that busted their asses to put it on. I never understood the whole super meet mentality. But to hold it at a uppity venue in Dutchess County was a total joke. The you can't leave police, The electrical police, the siren police. The don't you dare ride that skate board in here police while there's drunks flying all over the place on motorcycles ( This happened to my son Conner. Four of these assholes almost tackled him). The list was endless with these clowns. I was happy with the little meets. Last time I was there a couple of years ago. The gate at opening time on Friday morning had less than 10 ten people standing at it. As I'm writing this my wife and I are rolling just thinking of the total asininities that occurred during our visits there. I'll stop here. I'm having way to much fun. Did I mention the $6 clam hockey pucks they called hamburgers. Bob L
    Totally agree and then some...