Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shovelhead sidecar mounts

Default Shovelhead sidecar mounts

Can anyone help me. We’re trying to put a 1987 sidecar on a 1978 FLH. The mounts we have look to me like they fit an evo style frame. What mounts would work and where can I get them? Any ideas? Thanks

These are the mounts I have. I need to see what a 78 rear mount is supposed to look like. Might have to make one. And that top mount is missing some parts I think. Isn’t there a coil spring involved. If anyone has some pictures it would bea great help. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you change to the '78 mounts you will also have to change a few parts on the sidecar itself, like the front ball joint, the end of the rear mount, etc.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

I think the front mounts that I have will work but the rear one won’t. If I knew how the 78 mount attached to the bike frame, I think I could make something that would fit both the bike and the sidecar. Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by dustydog View Post
    I think the front mounts that I have will work but the rear one won’t. If I knew how the 78 mount attached to the bike frame, I think I could make something that would fit both the bike and the sidecar. Maybe
    The 78 mounts are for CLE sidecar which used ball and socket joints and the sidecar you have is a TLE which uses heim joints. There aren't factory mount kits available to put new sidecar on old motorcycle so you will need to fabricate your own or trade for CLE frame. The front mounts are different also.

Are the mounts I’ve shown in the picture correct for the TLE sidecar? And are all the pieces there?

Another question is the brake line tee. Is there a part number and are they available?

Another question is the brake line tee. Is there a part number and are they available?
    Generic from an auto parts store.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Quote Originally Posted by dustydog View Post
    Are the mounts I’ve shown in the picture correct for the TLE sidecar? And are all the pieces there?
    Yes. There is a set on Ebay right now to compare.

Thanks guys I appreciate the help