Thread: How do you install the tailite lens retaining springs on 39 to 41 beehive tl

Default How do you install the tailite lens retaining springs on 39 to 41 beehive tl

Ordered the left and right tailamp lens retaining springs for my 39 el, i have never installed these nor do i have a manual or parts book that shows how they go, i am afraid if i am not careful i am going to break the glass lens, if anyone has and or could post a picture or even explain how to install these i would greatly appreciate it, thank you, larry

Page 579 in Bruce's book. It's a little tricky, even with the tool. Sometimes takes 4 hands.
    Dave

I'm confused, Folks!

I thought the 'beehive' was before '39.

Thanks in advance as always...

....Cotten
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Thanks so much, I guess I should have looked there 1st, I have the old book also, I don't have the tool, but will try to get one, I got the retaining springs from old dude

Cotton, you are right, they did call the 35 38 beehive, Bruce also mentioned that the 39 to 46 was refered to as streamlined and beehive, I have even hear them called honey comb, thanks guys for all the help, Larry

cant find the tool, anybody know where I can get one

Quote Originally Posted by T. Cotten View Post
    I'm confused, Folks!

I thought the 'beehive' was before '39.

Thanks in advance as always...

....Cotten
    Blame Easyriders magazine. Someone writing for them misidentified what the factory always called the "Streamline" taillight, 1939-46, a "Beehive" when the magazine was just starting, and it was off to the races. The error stuck. Most antique H-D builders have learned the difference.