Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1922 Indian Footboard/brake pedal bracket

Since my last update little has been done to the bike. Work, Family, Easter visit with in laws in Mass. to name a few priorities. What I failed to mention is there is spark!! The elbow fitting from the oil tank to the crankcase needs to be reattached by solder or brazing, so other than adding some Marvel Mystery Oil to the top via the spark plug openings and slow turning of the crank I'm not ready to kick it over intentionally. However, When re-installing the kick pedal after finishing the installation of the footboard bracket I must have 'kicked' it just enough for my father ( on the other side of the bike ) to say " I got shocked ! '. To confirm Dad held the spark plug wires while I gently cranked and we saw spark jump between wire and ground for both cylinders. Soon, hopefully, oil and gas and we'll see.

I was curious if you would snap an picture of your taillight on your bike. I'm trying to get the correct style lens for mine .Thank you

Oile,

Hope these help
    tail light 2.jpg
    tail lignht 1.jpg

I'm thinking one of two things here. Either this is the wrong light for this bike or the licence plate bracket is wrong and there was one that was mounted above the light. Maybe you can help me in this regard.

John
    Last edited by Dr.John1922; 04-21-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Default Tag bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.John1922 View Post
    Oile,

Hope these help
    tail light 2.jpg
    tail lignht 1.jpg

I'm thinking one of two things here. Either this is the wrong light for this bike or the licence plate bracket is wrong and there was one that was mounted above the light. Maybe you can help me in this regard.

John
    Sent you an pm.

That looks to me to be an acetylene tail lamp and not an electric one.
    Tom

Tom,
    I'm not challenging your viewpoint for I have no knowledge of the topic. I wonder, however, how anyone would switch over to acetylene when originally there was electric from the get go.

John

Go to walkermachine.com for some parts if you can't find original parts

I'm pretty sure Tom is right about the taillight. I think it's an 20th century gas light

20190424_165249.jpg I think this is the correct style you need.

Wow !! Another learning experience. Thank you gentlemen.