Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

Current photos of Dave's Mustang [Moderator uploading on his behalf]

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0031.JPG

More photos from Dave's thread on the Mustang.

IMG_5044.JPG

IMG_5043.JPG

IMG_5042.JPG

In the early '70s working in a custom bike shop I saw several customized Mustangs with other powerplants, one had a 305 Honda in it, and one a Pre-unit 650 Triumph engine!
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

About the photos, the first one is the dry lakes Mustang being tuned by Howard Forest(Mustang engineer) tuning the bike as my Dad watches, the next one is the assembly crew the tall guy is my Dad, the last one was taken in the late sixties to early seventies with my Dad and Howard they had moved on but stayed in Manufacturing.
    Dave

Dave, You should come see us (Fort Sutter Chapter) at the Dixon National meet in June and come ride the Mustang on the Yerba Buena Chapter National road run in September. Both are in NorCal. Eric are remember John well. He came out and rode his Mustang on our first National road run in Lake Tahoe in 1989. He could fly on that thing. I just barely beat a dual engine Mustang at the drags on my bobjob Super X. We both had about 20 horse going down hill with a wind behind us. Welcome Dave.
    DrSprocket

I was at Dixon three years ago brought both Mustangs it was very Hot that year! I’ll try to make if I do I’ll bring both Mustangs and my Norton!

Hi I was thinking if anybody on forum would like to read more about the mighty Mustang go to the Mustang Motorcycle Club of America website you can read several stories my Dad wrote, along with many technical articles he wrote. This site has a lot of the Mustang history!
    Just thinking out loud,
    Dave.

I forgot to mention last time I posted on your thread, and I'm sure you know more about it than I do, but didn't mustang have a big win at the Catalina races?
    DrSprocket

Yes Walt Fulton was the rider after that win the rules were changed 12” wheels were no longer accepted, also Mustang was below the 22 cubic inch size at 19.2 so that is why they couldn’t continue.
    Dave.

Aha! So the current Honda Grom had a predecessor (sort of, anyway)
    Pisten Bulley is Harry Roberts in Vermont.