Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weston 354

weston9.jpg Then reinstall original faceplate and your new repop(I got it from Ebay) on top secured by 2 pedestal type screws.weston13.jpg Then carefully insert needle assembly and be very careful installing bridge across top so you do not damage bearing. If the needle appears to drag across face due to thicker face you can very carefully bend an offset in needle near the bearing.weston10.jpg

Then replace the small black cover. insert assembly back into case and replace the tiny rivets in case and peen. I first tested with a small battery maintainer/charger set on 12 volts. The gauge indicated 7 amps and reversed connections indicated 7 discharge.weston11.jpg when I checked charger amps with a VOM it read approx. 6 3/4 amps. weston12.jpg Next I set charger to 6 volts and and gauge indicated 3 amps and VOM indicated less then a needle width under 3 amps. I guess that should be close enough and I really have no idea on how to make it any more accurate.

Thanks to badger34 for details from his Weston 354. wire gauge 20 and four turns of wire. Another item that may be of help is; go to Ebay and get a cheap eyeglass/watch nut driver to help facilitate installing and removing the tiny hardware. Also a good light/magnifying glass is helpful.

Good job on documenting your ammeter reconstruction and nice to see that you achieved satisfactory results.

Cam, thank you for your outstanding thread! This will be of great help to all who go forward with an ammeter restoration!