Thread: Schebler Carb Parts and Advice

Default Schebler Carb Parts and Advice

Hello,

I'm working on cleaning and reassembling a Schebler carb from my 1924 JD. The carb is stamped H165 in the area covered by the float bowl. I need to replace the float lever (pivot) both sides, the cork gasket for the float bowl and the compensating air valve (the piece sandwiched between the assembly shown in the pictures). Is there a source for these replacement parts? Also can anyone give some advice on getting the assembly pictured about?

001.jpg002.jpg

Steve Slaminko

Steve!

Common Linkert pivot screws work, and some are even nickel.

I don't believe it was produced with a gasket, but Tom Fickau produced those, too.
    (Now I lean toward paper.)

The original airvalve was leather, which is hard to keep fuel-soaked if the machine sits, leading to changes of tuning.
    So many around the world turned to Teflon.
    (I have too much PEEK scrap to ignore.)

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 01-02-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Cotton,

The Linkert pivot screws I have are too big both in slotted head diameter and I think in thread diameter as well. See attached pictures.

001.jpg003.jpg

So I guess I'm still back to the question of who, if anyone, supplies parts for a Schebler Model H carb? Also, I don't have an air valve to use as a pattern so it would be a shot in the dark for me to try and make one.

Any help would be appreciated!

Steve Slaminko

Steve!

There was only one thread diameter, "-32tpi;

Mostl 1" Model HX carbs of your vintage that cross my benches have the larger head diameter. The bottom bowl in my attachment is an example (although the cap boss should be level with the deck for HX and Type A DLX..).
    Nearly all 3/4" and 1" models that cross my benches have the smaller diameter head. The top bowl is an example.
    Is your bowl polished and 'bright'-nickel'd, or rough cast and 'pickel'-nickel'd?

I usually replaced whatever I found with the same. Chuck Myles was making the smaller head (RIP).
    (Lately, I just cut down Colony Linkerts!)

As I mentioned previously Tom Fickau FickauPrototypes@cs.com is an important supplier of the highest quality hardware.

....Cotten
    PS: My pic library only has two HX160s, and it looks like you should cut your Linkerts down!.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 01-03-2019 at 05:40 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!