Thread: Busted casing !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Busted casing !

IMG_0715.JPG
    On the (What I thought) Final stages of a 20,000 engine rebuild, and the front right hand side engine mount has just fallen off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can anyone see a way around this WITHOUT distorting the cases ?????

Has anyone suggested LockNStich? Jay Leno uses them on his irreplaceable motors and you'd never know there was a repair. You'd probably have to send the cases to the USA but it might be the only real solution.

Here's a video of Jay's 1930 Chief that had motor work done to it as well as the company website, perhaps this will help you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFoZJNSZwJo

And the lock-n-stitch website:

http://www.locknstitch.com/index.html
    Last edited by Green Indian; 02-06-2019 at 05:16 AM.

Yes, Thanks green, I see that there are folk in the UK. I will have to look into it. Ivor.

amazing photos of the ship engine repairs....

that lock-n-stitch is SO cool !!! i wonder if L&S works on any thickness....? seems they'red be some limitation how thin one could go before repair's not possible...?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Swan View Post
    that lock-n-stitch is SO cool !!! i wonder if L&S works on any thickness....? seems they'red be some limitation how thin one could go before repair's not possible...?
    Yeah, I saw that too, there's probably is a limit as to how thin the metal can be; still I'm glad these options are out there and that someone with great mechanical skills has figured away around metal fatigue/damage issues that plague vintage machines.