Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is it??

Default What is it??

I couldn't think where this thread should go, so I plonked it here and I'll let the Mod squad clean up the mess.
    Can anyone identify any of these parts. I feel like I’ve seen the plate with OUT stamped on it. It may be a tool??
    The tooth section looks like the whacky noisy thing that kick starts Indians.

PC140010.jpg

PC140001.jpg

Regards Steve
    Last edited by Steve Little; 12-14-2018 at 03:43 AM. Reason: added second picture
    Steve Little
    Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
    Australia.
    AMCA member 1950

Steve,
    In the second picture, the device with "out" on it is part of a clutch push rod assy. for a late model Harley I believe.
    Also, I think the sprocket may be an aftermarket one for late model Harleys to eliminate the stock compensator sprocket

The sprocket is looks British, appears to be unit Triumph.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

'OUT' is on a release plate. My 99 Evo has one. I don’t know if they made more than one version of them but the part number for mine is 37903-90.
    Eric

Is the axle possibly Harley Hummer?

Jerry

Thanks to everyone for having a shot at identifying the parts.

Hi Jerry. I have no experience with Hummers. I just tried a 3/8” unf nut on the fine thread, but it was having none of that. I put a thread gauge on it and it is measures 10 mm X 1.25 pitch. Did Hummers use metric threads? The turned area of the shaft is 11.95mm diam and is 8 1/16” or a bees dick under 205 mm long.

Thanks Eric and RCamp. The new name for this part is Evo clutch adjuster #37903-90.

Thanks Robbie. The drive sprocket has 29 teeth and appears to be nos. The part number forged on it is E4572 and the forge id stamp is RFW. I’m wondering if the 18 tooth pinion gear may also turn out to be Pommy.
    The radius section with teeth on it might be motorcycle or maybe industrial.

This site has so many knowledgeable people who can identify parts from pictures. A permanent thread like this would be a great tool and also create interest.
    Steve Little
    Australia.
    AMCA member 1950

"A bees dick". Now THAT'S funny!

Dale

More guessing games. The 12” rule is placed in the pic to help with size estimation.
    The black spring looked as bad as the others. I spent 5 minutes on the wire wheel and then dunked it in “Rust Away” for an hour. I believe all the springs are NOS but at least the black one looks like it now. Anyone got any clues on manufacturer and model fitment for any of the parts?
    Rust Away is hellish expensive over here. Anyone got any suggestions on a cheaper method of getting rid of oxidation on steel?

PC180002_1.jpg
    Steve Little
    Australia.
    AMCA member 1950

E4572 is a Triumph part number.
    From memory a mid 60's Bonnie engine sprocket
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Little View Post
    Rust Away is hellish expensive over here. Anyone got any suggestions on a cheaper method of getting rid of oxidation on steel?
    Steve,
    I use Ranex from Bunnings. Mostly in a spray bottle (ex Nifty or similar) to protect surfaces after bead blasting but you can dip bits in it as well.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/bondall-...erter_p1560847

Don't get it on wifey's pavers though. I've discovered, much to her disgust, that it takes the colour out of them.