Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is that not a...swastika?

Default Is that not a...swastika?

Yes that is a Swastika!
    I've never seen one of these tokens before. How bout' You?
    fullsizeoutput_4fa.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_4fb.jpg

*M.A.D.*

I've never seen a Harley Davidson token with a swastika before, that's quite a piece of history you have there; I wonder if the MoCo has any buried in their archives. The swastika is an old religious good luck symbol used by native Americans and Far Eastern religions for perhaps 1,000 years. In my town of Gettysburg, PA there's some old buildings that have them in the mosaic tile on the entry ways of store fronts, but the swastika is in the reverse image of the one on your token. It went from a being a good luck symbol to one that will be forever linked with the most unbelievable acts of evil.
    Last edited by Green Indian; 12-06-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Looks new & fake to me.The lettering looks like modern HD stuff.There is no makers mark.
    There is a similar one on pinterest& it also looks fake
    Last edited by duffeycycles; 12-06-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duffeycycles View Post
    Looks new & fake to me.The lettering looks like modern HD stuff.There is no makers mark.
    There is a similar one on pinterest& it also looks fake
    Haha Compared to what? The item on pinterest is the same same. Besides, who said it was *tm Harley-Davidson?
    Not mine Green Indian, i just seen it, posted, and silhouetted-out the palm that was holding the...?
    You're correct about the design architecture G.I.. Prior to 1930, the swastika was considered Good Luck. In 1930, it was Nazi Germany Symbolism. A lot of folks just don't notice these insignia's on some of the older buildings. Gargoyles were used a lot throughout the teens & 1930's also, supposedly to protect structures.

>>> https://ebay.us/QfIo11

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 12-06-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Compared to many years of buying & selling HD collectibles including watch fobs.I sold many items to the HD Museum.

Compared to many years of buying & selling HD collectibles including watch fobs.I sold many items to the HD Museum.
    Not discounting your buying & selling prowess Duffey. By the same 'token'(haha), you should realize that prior to the late 1980's, there was a helluva lot of rampant H.D. Trade Mark infringement. H.D. didn't really start protecting & threatening legal action till the late 1980's.
    So then, You are stating that this Swastika is a 'Fake'--as opposed to an authentic Harley-Davidson original swastika?

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 12-06-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Do you think I'm stupid.I don't think posting crap on AMCA site & not identifying it as crap is wrong.& my friend was the first served by HDs lawsuits on infringement & it was well before the 90s.

Hitler stole the swastika just like the hippie movement stole the V for victory and called it the peace sign! But I guess there was peace when we kicked a$$ in WW II!!
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Do you think I'm stupid.I don't think posting crap on AMCA site & not identifying it as crap is wrong.& my friend was the first served by HDs lawsuits on infringement & it was well before the 90s.
    I think you answered your own question with your non-sensical posts Duffey. Carefully read my initial post, because you're the only one who went off over a simple medallion inquiry!
    *M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 12-06-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Modern fantasy crap, trying to appeal to the instant biker crowd. Nothing to do with H-D.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736