Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indian V8

Default Indian V8

Does anyone know who makes the Indian V8 (video below)? I love the attention to detail that pays homage to the old 'Indian 4s' but adds the thrill of modern day performance and reliability in a v8. Genius!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuwLt651mAk

Very Respectfully,
    Jason Miller
    760-518-4533

A very good mate of mine here in NZ.
    I'll be staying with him tomorrow night and will ask him if he wants his name put up here.
    There's quite a queue waiting to buy it should he decide to sell it or manufacture a second one.
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

That is surprisingly good looking, well done. I thought I was going to see a small block jammed into a Chief type setup, which would suck. That was really cool, thanks for posting. Any additional information would be enjoyed.

My favorite touch is the silver duct tape used to secure the battery! Pretty neat bike, actually.

I have seen that bike before and I think it is the best looking, and smartest configuration of a 6, or 8 cylinder motorcycle. The reason it looks so good is because the builder didn't radically change the frame dimensions of a standard 4. Also, this man is a gifted machinist, and engineer to execute such a brilliant concept.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Carl Vandre's 6 and 8 cylinder Hendersons are spectacular. He rode that V-6 all over the mountains of Colorado and New Mexico usually with his lovely bride in the car. RIP Carl.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Robbie, Carl was a very good friend of mine and I miss him dearly. We rode many miles together either on his stock Henderson, RARE low frame Super X, and his Specials. It was good he able to pass on a lot if his information and knowledge to Matt Olsen before his passing. He was such a great and kind gentleman.
    DrSprocket

As I said I was staying with the builder of this bike and I got his ok to name and shame him here on this forum.
    Ken Campbell is his name and he comes from the small village of Matakana which is about an hour north of Auckland.
    The work that comes out of his shop is unreal and he has promised me some detailed photos of the construction of the V8 to put up here.
    He won't accept any work at present as what he has on hand will keep him very busy for quite a while into the future so please don't ask.
    One thing that Ken is very adamant about is that not one piece of genuine Indian parts has been used to make this machine,everything he made himself so nobody could accuse him of butchering genuine Indian bits.
    There must be something in the water up there as Ken's neighbour is Graeme "Croz" Crosby and he pumps out some exceptional Kawasaki's from his workshop next door.
    When the right opportunity arises Ken's keen to take the V8 to America and ride alongside a vintage road run, maybe the Cannonball and let you Americans see what is possible if you have the vision and the determination.
    Maybe someone on here has some suggestions.
    I've been promised a ride on this masterpiece and I have to admit that as a dyed in the wool Harley man this is one Indian I'm looking forward to riding.
    Maybe this is not really the correct section of this forum to discuss this motorcycle and maybe the moderator could consider moving it to a more appropriate place.
    A.M.C.A. # 2777

Howdy chaps,

Cannon a Ball, that’s pretty ambitious, think I’d have a large oil can in my back pack to lube that exposed intake valve train while underway.

One can say what they will about the 38 - 42 Fours being more form than function. Think it inspired that they came up with simple fluid tension on rising vapor subsequently collecting and dripping off felts into receivers over the push rod cups on the intake rockers as a more than adequate way to lube this valve train.

Somewhere on this forum I've already put up photos of this bike but here's some more
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A.M.C.A. # 2777