Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Beware ,American Cycle Fabrication Paul and Denise Friebus

Quote Originally Posted by beaumonts View Post
    Much empathy for someone who is actually committing fraud by not giving back my bike or returning my deposit and making promises to return my refund etc and then ignoring me. Sorry Chuck, business practices would entail actually having a legitimate business. This is not legitimate. Would you have much empathy if he ripped you off for twenty grand?
    Paul did rip me off.

I was among the first to call him out. In return, I got threatening phone calls from his "friends" at my home and office. They even yelled at my wife telling her they'd f'me up at a meet if I didn't stop knocking Paul's reputation.

Doesn't mean I can't have empathy.

But, hey, thanks for singling me out.

Sorry Chuck didn't mean to single you out, I guess I should have said "I" have no empathy for Paul ,especially with the constant lies and f ing me over. I hope you can understand my point of view on this matter. Thanks

Mr. and Mrs. Friebus are not here to defend themselves, Folks.

I have never met or dealt with them, so I must still reserve judgement.

But I am leary of anyone that advertises, yet demands a deposit!

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Quote Originally Posted by T. Cotten View Post
    Mr. and Mrs. Friebus are not here to defend themselves, Folks.

I have never met or dealt with them, so I must still reserve judgement.

But I am leary of anyone that advertises, yet demands a deposit!

....Cotten
    I wish they were here to discuss this situation. Hopefully they will chime in to resolve this.

There are no hard & fast rules in State Civil Court with regard to recovering attorney's fees and court costs (Federal generally allows this).
    However, I don't see anything immoral or devious if you were to suggest to PF that if you sue him and ask for fee recovery, (in my opinion) one of the factors that favors this is willful obstruction and failure to deal reasonably with the plaintiff's charges: making it difficult on purpose. When you win, he'll be paying BOTH lawyers, he may not realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by kitabel View Post
    There are no hard & fast rules in State Civil Court with regard to recovering attorney's fees and court costs (Federal generally allows this).
    However, I don't see anything immoral or devious if you were to suggest to PF that if you sue him and ask for fee recovery, (in my opinion) one of the factors that favors this is willful obstruction and failure to deal reasonably with the plaintiff's charges: making it difficult on purpose. When you win, he'll be paying BOTH lawyers, he may not realize that.
    Thank you, I appreciate the information.

I had Paul do some work for me last year. We discussed what needed done and agreed on a completion date. He did the work discussed and then some and completed it about two weeks later than we discussed. I was fine with that, what bike shop ever finishes on time anyway. Paul is an honest man, I doubt he's trying to rip off any one. But he's apparently having some issues getting some things done. Complaining on a forum isn't going to resolve your problem. If it was me first I'd go get my parts then I'd speak face to face with Paul about my money. I'd be calm and polite, not confrontational. Take any proof of payments you've made with you in case there's any confusion about the amount. Paul's an honest man. I think that's the best way to resolve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead fathead View Post
    I had Paul do some work for me last year. We discussed what needed done and agreed on a completion date. He did the work discussed and then some and completed it about two weeks later than we discussed. I was fine with that, what bike shop ever finishes on time anyway. Paul is an honest man, I doubt he's trying to rip off any one. But he's apparently having some issues getting some things done. Complaining on a forum isn't going to resolve your problem. If it was me first I'd go get my parts then I'd speak face to face with Paul about my money. I'd be calm and polite, not confrontational. Take any proof of payments you've made with you in case there's any confusion about the amount. Paul's an honest man. I think that's the best way to resolve your problem.
    I'm happy it worked out for you but like I previously posted this has been going on for 8 years and I live in Canada so going down to see him is a couple thousand dollar expense. I picked Paul because I thought he was honest and by all accounts he was, I have talked to him many times and many times promises have been made and every time I request a update or picture it's been radio silence. So again at this point I have to take legal action. I would rather have had my bike done, or cash back etc any day.... but this is where it's at.

I guess you've got to do what's right for you, but won't legal action still mean you're going to have to make a trip to Bloomsburg and possibly several trips for multiple court dates? I've known others who've had problems getting Paul to finish things. They've gone to his shop and either picked up their stuff or Paul's completed their work while they wait. That's what's worked for others and it might work for you too. But whatever you decide to do good luck I hope it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead fathead View Post
    I guess you've got to do what's right for you, but won't legal action still mean you're going to have to make a trip to Bloomsburg and possibly several trips for multiple court dates? I've known others who've had problems getting Paul to finish things. They've gone to his shop and either picked up their stuff or Paul's completed their work while they wait. That's what's worked for others and it might work for you too. But whatever you decide to do good luck I hope it works out for you.
    I will probably have to go there but I can't afford to do it multiple times and right now with my health issues I can't get insurance to do the trip so I'm stuck. I think Paul knows my situation and for whatever reason is exploiting it so he doesn't have to finish my bike or give me my cash back or anything that would make this right. This would have been my first Harley and I'm in my 50's I guess Im a bit of a late bloomer. Regardless, I'm probably going to be screwed out of my bike and cash at the end anyway's but I would like to make other's aware so they don't fall victim. Again, I would like to see Paul come on the Forum and explain himself but his silence speaks volumes.