Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1916 Indian Motor

Default 1916 Indian Motor

I recently came across a 1916 Indian Powerplus (?) motor almost complete but missing a carb and carb manifold. Can anyone guild me in the correct direction in terms of what I should be looking for ?
    Perhaps a picture if possible please.
    As always, thanks
    Dan

Hi Dan, I'm going to assume U R an AMCA member. In the virtual library on the AMCA homepage under features...there are 7 manual/sales brochures listed for 1916 Indian. I'd start there.
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by danf19 View Post
    I recently came across a 1916 Indian Powerplus (?) motor almost complete but missing a carb and carb manifold. Can anyone guild me in the correct direction in terms of what I should be looking for ?
    Perhaps a picture if possible please.
    As always, thanks
    Dan
    Dan,
    The original carb would have been a Schebler HX. The carb to manifold flange has three bolts just like the small L& L or Linkert carbs. I'll try to snap some pictures when I get a chance.

Kevin

It should look very similar to the 1917 in the attachments, Dan!

Note that the manifold has spigots that are removeable, and held in the casting by clamping screws.

The carb is an HX153.

....Cotten
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-30-2018 at 12:02 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

I have a twin manifold w nuts and schebler carb that I took off a 15 Indian twin years ago. The manifold is stamped H116 What say the old knowledgeable ones????
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    I have a twin manifold w nuts and schebler carb that I took off a 15 Indian twin years ago. The manifold is stamped H116 What say the old knowledgeable ones????
    Can you take a pic for us, Ross?

I have pics of a "1914" with no cast or stamped numbers, and a "'20 Scout" with H157.
    And it looks like there's a '17 with no numbers waiting patently on my bench...

For what that's worth.

....Cotten
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-31-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    AMCA #776

I knew you'd ask for a pic. have it right here by the computer. This is where I don't shine. Cory O used to post for me. I'll check with the BRIDE and see if she can make it happen.
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    I knew you'd ask for a pic. have it right here by the computer. This is where I don't shine. Cory O used to post for me. I'll check with the BRIDE and see if she can make it happen.
    Thank her for me in advance, Ross!

....Cotten
    PS: We miss Cory.
    Please feel free to email it to me direct at liberty@npoint.net, and I will share it here.
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-31-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    AMCA #776

Holy Cow the Mrs. got em up. Just checked my file and I took this off a 1915 Indian twin in 1979. The engine went to a guy at Wauseon a couple of years ago and he made a killer racer. As mentioned the manifold has H116 stamped.. the carb...the old patent pending thing. Not sure Dan but this type was around in your era as the old hedstrom soup can was optional in 1915. Same manifold twin ends but not the 3 bolt on the Hedstrom as it screwed on. Also Dan, guys like Cotten are why we go to the forum. They know their stuff. Thanks Cotten for the offer to post. The wife had no trouble. Guess I'll have to keep her around.
    Ross