Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: '27 JD Cut Down Project - SWAN

peter, what a great picture, thanks! i'm saving that one to my files. collecting pictures of every year/model twins that i can that i feel are good examples. Maybe Cam Saure cold help you with a battery box, i think he's on the tail end of getting a '25 going down the road and Cannonball ready. it's been maybe a year or little longer, i sold him usable remnants of a '25 battery box. here's a nice picture of a '25 i found a while ago.

1925 1.jpg
    Last edited by Steve Swan; 09-29-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks, I communicated with Cam about the battery box awhile back.

I like that picture of a 25 - it's in my files also. You can't beat a good original photo for getting those little details correct.

Here's another picture of mine. I managed to get my wife in the car for a short ride to a local club event. As we entered the park a member took our picture. When I saw it later it reminded me of a photo I already had in my collection. So, on the left is a 1925 H-D promotional photo and on the right is our photo, snapped just 94 years later. See the resemblance?

JD then and now.jpg

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by pfindlay View Post
    Thanks, I communicated with Cam about the battery box awhile back.

I like that picture of a 25 - it's in my files also. You can't beat a good original photo for getting those little details correct.

Here's another picture of mine. I managed to get my wife in the car for a short ride to a local club event. As we entered the park a member took our picture. When I saw it later it reminded me of a photo I already had in my collection. So, on the left is a 1925 H-D promotional photo and on the right is our photo, snapped just 94 years later. See the resemblance?

JD then and now.jpg

Peter
    Peter, those are both totally awesome pictures. Especially how the pic of you and your wife is a mirror image of the 1925 promo pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Swan View Post
    Peter, what brand of spotlight is that?
    It's a no-name spotlight, unless there is some marking on the inside. A few years ago my dad sold the family home and we spent three months cleaning out 60 years of car parts and other interesting items. I ended up with a couple of these spotlights.
    Peter

it's pretty amazing all the manufacturer's in existence in those early years producing aftermarket parts and particularly accessories. imagine what the world would be like without the invention of the internal combustion reciprocating engine and imagine what transportation may look like in 500 years.....

been awhile.... got lucky and now have a set of George Hood's inlet housing caps and levers......

20191122_202612.jpg

Steve, I hope they are the stockers and not the 1/8 inch offset ones. They are hard on the guides for a street machine but help a j model go like stink on a race model.
    DrSprocket

Quote Originally Posted by RichO View Post
    Steve, I hope they are the stockers and not the 1/8 inch offset ones. They are hard on the guides for a street machine but help a j model go like stink on a race model.
    Rich, they are the 1/8" offset. when i bought them i knew they are hard on guides. How hard are they on guides? is there a guide material that can withstand the wear? i was thinking i would use the offsets with a stock cam.

Steve,
    Where did you get the rocker towers?
    Cheers