Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good~looking 1932 vl.

Aren't you being a little..."Hard on the Beaver" Gerry? I looked at the F.O.G. M/C's, and loads of them aren't original either! As far as the 32/37 VL is concerned, it's a Bobber basically. You have to give credit where credit is due. Looks like a professional job, and not everyone goes through the trouble of mating a UL lower into a VL chassis. I agree with You on the price, it's a little steep, but then again, how does anyone justify something like this?
    s-l1600.jpg >>>>1941 FL-OP-Sold for $150,000.00

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 11-04-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo357 View Post
    Aren't you being a little..."Hard on the Beaver" Gerry? I looked at the F.O.G. M/C's, and loads of them aren't original either! As far as the 32/37 VL is concerned, it's a Bobber basically. You have to give credit where credit is due. Looks like a professional job, and not everyone goes through the trouble of mating a UL lower into a VL chassis. I agree with You on the price, it's a little steep, but then again, how does anyone justify something like this?
    So I agree the price was high on this thing, but that doesn't mean I don't want to buy it and run it around.

Guy sent me a pic of his VIN when I inquired about it. I'm not going to post it here because I think that's not my place, but it very, very clearly has a pretty bad numbers job. Caveat, all you emptors.

I do not no what your last words mean but thanks for the heads up on the VIN

Quote Originally Posted by pan620 View Post
    I do not no what your last words mean but thanks for the heads up on the VIN
    "Caveat emptor" is a Latin term (from caveat, "may he beware", and emptor, "buyer") that generally is used to remind folks that sellers often have reason and motive to conceal a good's flaws from a seller, who may not have the information, time, nor experience to ferret out all the problems.

I was jocularly saying go over it with a fine-tooth comb as you would any bike purchase, but pay attention to the VIN pad, which contains fckery.

Quote Originally Posted by govmule84 View Post
    So I agree the price was high on this thing, but that doesn't mean I don't want to buy it and run it around.

Guy sent me a pic of his VIN when I inquired about it. I'm not going to post it here because I think that's not my place, but it very, very clearly has a pretty bad numbers job. Caveat, all you emptors.
    I blanked out the last 2 digits on that VIN#. Cleary looks like a re-stamp. But, the Arizona DMV issued a legitimate title. The Belly numbers looked good, and matched.
    No offense Gov, but I feel it is worth posting this information when a M/C is questionable.
    fullsizeoutput_4d7.jpg

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 11-23-2018 at 09:57 PM.

Sure, guy gave me the VIN when I asked for it. I didn't tell him I was going to plaster it on the internet (I had no intentions of doing that), so I didn't. I'm not saying you can't, I'm just saying I won't. No point going public with it. Anyone interested will see it for themselves, I'm sure.

"But, the Arizona DMV issued a legitimate title" The title is legit, sure...but the bike and numbers are not. The title may as well be written in crayon.

Since when did it become a crime to post a VIN Number?

"But, the Arizona DMV issued a legitimate title" The title is legit, sure...but the bike and numbers are not. The title may as well be written in cray" >>>And...by the same token?

*M.A.D.*

Since when did it become a crime to post a VIN Number?

"But, the Arizona DMV issued a legitimate title" The title is legit, sure...but the bike and numbers are not. The title may as well be written in cray" >>>And...by the same token?

*M.A.D.*
    It's not a crime to post a VIN. I just didn't want to do it to someone without telling them; some people get weird about that. As far as the rest of it, the numbers are hinky. If I owned something with a numbers job that bad, I sure wouldn't want to be associated with it on the internets.

Have a nice night.

Quote Originally Posted by govmule84 View Post
    It's not a crime to post a VIN. I just didn't want to do it to someone without telling them; some people get weird about that. As far as the rest of it, the numbers are hinky. If I owned something with a numbers job that bad, I sure wouldn't want to be associated with it on the internets.

Have a nice night.
    Just one more thing Gov, i posted the pic with the last 2 digits fuzzed-out. There are a hundred combinations w/o ever knowing the correct variation.
    C'ya.
    *M.A.D.*

Jo

Far be it for me to argue but those look like good early 1937 UL numbers to me. Jerry

I blanked out the last 2 digits on that VIN#. Cleary looks like a re-stamp. But, the Arizona DMV issued a legitimate title. The Belly numbers looked good, and matched.
    No offense Gov, but I feel it is worth posting this information when a M/C is questionable.
    fullsizeoutput_4d7.jpg

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 11-24-2018 at 08:47 PM.