Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Harley VL Years book series

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
    Thanks for your interest. Volumes 1 and 2 run about 310 pages and weigh 2 pounds each. Volumes 3 and 4 will be 400+ pages because of the extra Enthusiasts, so all four volumes will total about 12 pounds. Half price bulk airmail plus the estimated cover price comes to $325 for the set. That's not cheap, but think of it as $4000 worth of original Enthusiasts at a 90% discount, plus a lot of other interesting stuff.
    will the half price postage offer be included on the whole set?
    i want them all.

I am hoping for some interesting new info. As for the "Enthusiast" aspect, I've had all those for many years, and read them all.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Yes the half price postage offer will apply to buyers of the whole set, and thanks to those who have ordered them so far. But I'll need to send them out all together in December when Volume 4 is done, to contain airmail costs. For those who can't wait, the half price postage offer is still running, but four airmail packages will cost a bit more to send than one bulk parcel.
    Last edited by Steve Slocombe; 11-07-2018 at 04:40 AM.

Thanks Robbie and the 113 consecutive Enthusiasts give a great picture of motorcycle riding in the Depression, plus early knuckleheads ('61 overheads') in service in 1936-38. The fresh material is all the color sales brochures I can find, the dealer announcements of new features for each model year, a commentary and summary of technical changes by year, a list of the 1200 known surviving VL engine numbers, and color pictures of restored (AMCA judged) and original paint VLs.

Yes the half price postage offer will apply to buyers of the whole set, and thanks to those who have ordered them so far. But I'll need to send them out all together in December when Volume 4 is done, to contain airmail costs. For those who can't wait, the half price postage offer is still running, but four airmail packages will cost a bit more to send than one bulk parcel.
    Thanks Steve.
    *M.A.D.*

Steve, you are the man ! Your tireless devotion to the noble V series Harley-Davidson has benefitted so many people, and secured the history of one of H-Ds previously overlooked series. I've known your work ethic for a many of years, and I also know many people who deeply appreciate what you have done to de-mystify the great V series of Harley-Davidsons.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Dear Eric, thanks for the nice words. I received a question about paper size and here is my reply "The 4 volumes contain all the pages from 113 Enthusiasts, including the front and back covers, usually 24 pages per issue. As to size, the originals are 6" x 9". We've managed to get two pages on an A4 landscape sheet of paper, which is 11 3/4" x 8 1/8", by slightly reducing the size. The printer has adjusted the contrast to favour the photos, so they are clear while the text is less black. There are an amazing number of pictures in the magazines, and surely a chance that a relative, or your bike, are in there somewhere."

Volume 2 is just out, with another 312 pages of information on the 1931/32 Harleys. Here's the cover picture showing a '32 in the optional delft blue and turquoise paint scheme with the swirl tank. The half price postage offer is still running.IMG_1850 (2).jpg

Volume 2 is just out, with another 312 pages of information on the 1931/32 Harleys. Here's the cover picture showing a '32 in the optional delft blue and turquoise paint scheme with the swirl tank. The half price postage offer is still running.IMG_1850 (2).jpg
    Awesome Steve! Looking forward to these. I'm in for the whole set. I'll email now

Thanks sny, and always gratifying to find someone else who shares my passions.