Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jefferson Meet 2018

Bob - If we can get away with nothing falling from the sky after Friday that will be a big help. All weather for the meet is good just some are better then others. Its so interesting and encouraging to see a bunch of people standing outside in the middle of a Nor'Easter just having conversations about you name it, not looking the least bit concerned about the rain and wind. But the antique bike crowd always comes prepared with rain gear, boots, whatever it takes. We have committed to two 20 X 40 tents for judging so the process can take place in a somewhat dry way. White Rose had a night hill climb this past Saturday and I am sure the hill you posted an image of was soft.

So here is a photo of this past Saturday's crowd for the hill climb.

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 3.26.21 PM.jpg

Mike Love

Dang! That is so encouraging to see such a big crowd for a hillclimb. Great picture, Mike.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Big difference Mike. Those drunken ass holes don't have to spend 3 days plus slimming away in the place. They live around the corner. The rest of us start at 150.

I'm good with that Robert - big difference even if we get no more rain between Tuesday and Friday it will still be wet. Tomorrow night is calling for some potential sever thunderstorms in the Mid Atlantic. If you have watched the radar this past summer it seems it has been perpetually green over South-Central PA.

Mike Love

You will never hear the word drought on the eastern sea board this year for sure.

The water table in this region of Pa. is well above normal by far. Any additional rainfall floods immediately afterwards. Hopefully no more rainfall for the upcoming weekend. I’m not far from Jefferson and last week did some yard work since the ground is exceptionally soft and level water was just 8 inches below ground level and my home isn’t in a low area. Just saying hope for no more rain.

For those of us elsewhere, I'll I can say is... wish I were there.. as that's were it's at today Cheers Ross
    Ross

We went yesterday and was low on attendance by vendors and shoppers as one might expect but the rain is gone and it is a beautiful day today so should be better. Picked up a few small items to help finish a knuckle build and got a nice gear case cover for a buddies knuckle so all in all not a bad day. Weather should be fantastic today so best to all the vendors shoppers and those getting judged.

Tom (Rollo) hardy
    AMCA #12766

Love to see some pictures.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Here's a few, Eric.

Dale