Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indian four oil pump adjustment.

Ivor, on the pump gaskets, cut a variety of onion skin thickness gaskets. Thinner the better, for consistent pressure and better flow. Usually these are sold in a kit with a wide variety of thicknesses.

I just saw those gaskets on Jerry G's site 2, 4 and 6 thou, because I didn't know what you meant, but the pump has been rebuilt by the engineers, so I don't know if I should trust that they have assembled it correctly and leave it,,, or can I just check the end float ?

Don't know your builder, so always check ......it is a long way inside that engine.

Do you know what the end float should be ?

Hi L,
    With the oil pump drive gear on, the same way as your showing it, I found the gear protrudes in-front of the crankshaft and other gears, but if I turn it the other way, it lines up with them. Do you know the correct way around ? The oil pump shaft has a key but is not tapered.
    Thank you, Ivor.

Not sure I am following you. The photo shows how the pump should be set up. Is your gear a replacement gear? There should be little if any internal sloop in the pump. Jerry Greer's Engineering has an excellent parts illustration of your pump.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am not certain, but I think it's original. I can't feel any front to back play on the shaft. When I put the pump gear on (With the recess facing you) The same way as you and Jerry's pictures, the gear protrudes almost 3/16" in front of the crank gear, but if I turn the gear around with the plain flat side facing you, the gear is then in line.

Sorry for being dumb, but I can't see how to attach a photo

The first photo shows the gear protruding and the last photo (Turned around with the flat side facing out ) Shows the gear almost in line.