Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Perkiomen Chapter National Meet at Oley 2019

We have been going to Oley for many years; and you can always expect interesting weather. But it is a Great show; and will continue to attend as long as I can.

I started vending there a few years ago; and everything is just great also. This year as well as last year, we did very well. People come to Oley for many reasons; and I can say that, the buyers are always there.

We had a very nice time and sold some older stuff; nothing wrong with that.

bjind

I also have been going to Oley for many many years and the weather usually is a challenge. I've been there with freezing temperatures, high winds, rain and just raw bone chilling dampness. I also been there with great weather and unseasonably high temps. What ever the weather Gods have in store for Oley, it won't matter as I will always attend!
    Craig (Delaware)
    Perkiomen Chapter
    AMCA Member #1011

Quote Originally Posted by bstevens479 View Post
    I was there Thursday, Friday & left Saturday at 5PM, I thought it was a great show & every vendor I talked to said sales were great, found no one unhappy, even with the rain
    Too bad everyone's cameras were broken.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Quote Originally Posted by exeric View Post
    Too bad everyone's cameras were broken.
    You're right Eric! I seem never to think about taking pictures while I am there.
    Craig (Delaware)
    Perkiomen Chapter
    AMCA Member #1011

I know my comment was a bit snarky and I apologize for that. I don't get to many National AMCA meets these days, but when I do, I take pictures so our members that can't go can see what the venue looks like, and what kind of bikes show up.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

It would be nice if the Club could somehow encourage better coverage and pics of the meets for online to supplement whats in the magazine.
    Maybe cash prize for the best submitted photos,interviews ,winner circle and other notable machines and people in attendance ,documenting the meet , presented by any historians ,photo journalists or just members that attend to to be reviewed ,recognized and added to the clubs preserved history.
    Just a thought,
    Tom

I enjoyed the Oley meet for the first time this year and saw lots of great stuff and found some items that I was looking for also. Many thanks to all who have a part in putting this meet on as you all did a fabulous job. I took a lot of pictures with an I Phone and would be happy to share them but I'm not very proficient on the computer and really have no idea how to go about getting them from there to here. I'm an amateur at the I Phone also, only being able to take pics and look up some websites at this point. If someone were to give me VERY SPECIFIC, STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS on how to get the pics up on here, I'd be happy to. Thanks in advance.......Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by HDSmitty View Post
    I enjoyed the Oley meet for the first time this year and saw lots of great stuff and found some items that I was looking for also. Many thanks to all who have a part in putting this meet on as you all did a fabulous job. I took a lot of pictures with an I Phone and would be happy to share them but I'm not very proficient on the computer and really have no idea how to go about getting them from there to here. I'm an amateur at the I Phone also, only being able to take pics and look up some websites at this point. If someone were to give me VERY SPECIFIC, STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS on how to get the pics up on here, I'd be happy to. Thanks in advance.......Smitty
    Not too difficult Smitty. But, too difficult to write out the directions. Here's some YouTube video's that explain. If your computer is Apple, you might just have to search YouTube for the correct operating system. It's easy, don't let those chips intimidate You!!! haha. Plus, You will make Eric a Happy Camper!!!

https://youtu.be/hmJ00LKcQL8
    https://youtu.be/IzOYrsh18uk

*M.A.D.*

I did not take many pictures but these are my 3 favorites in order. The 1919 Militor, 1913 Indian, and Henderson powered Spanish built Patria.
    Attached Images Attached Images

one last picture
    Attached Images Attached Images