Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Perkiomen Chapter National Meet at Oley 2019

I usually go thursday and its pretty well under way before noon.Its only 1 1/2 hour drive for me so
    Ill be there today to see some early activity .Looks to be a beautiful day.
    Tom

I got here today (Wednesday) around 4:00 so I didn't have to drive through the night.
    A few people set up. Bought lots of goodies.

There was a good turnout yesterday as I feel some people came early due to the weather today!
    Craig (Delaware)
    Perkiomen Chapter
    AMCA Member #1011

Was there on Thursday a lot of venders setup and found a few items on my list. Got a chance and spoke with Steve Slocombe. Picked up a volume of his new book. Would like to see next year it not rain on Friday but gotta take the bad with the good. Really enjoyed seeing the 4 cylinder bikes was a great theme.

Still time for Oley attendees to post pictures !
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Eric, The place was a total mud pit. Months of rain left the grounds with no where for the water to go. We did good on Thursday but the weather made rest of the stay miserable. Bob L

I'm sorry to hear the weather didn't cooperate this year. I love that area of the East Coast and always looked forward to Oley, and Jefferson. I really feel bad for the vendors who spend their hard earned money, and time to get to these venues and make their parts available. It's the vendors that are the backbone of AMCA National meets.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

I was there Thursday, Friday & left Saturday at 5PM, I thought it was a great show & every vendor I talked to said sales were great, found no one unhappy, even with the rain

We go every year and plan to return on 2020. I was there from Thursday through Saturday afternoon and stayed with my buddies at the H.D. Generator Service tent who got there on Wednesday. Wednesday and Thursday's weather was OK but Friday was wet and Saturday was quite windy and cold. But our sales were good and we bought some stuff and most of the other vendors we spoke with reported the same. All-in-all, it was a good meet for us.
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

Yup, Thursday OK then Friday wet and Saturday windy, which didn't help when I was trying to sell books. Thanks everyone for your support and I am left with just two sets of VL Years books in the US. I can do them for $300 a set post paid in the US for anyone who missed me at the show or wants to save the cost of a ten pound box tracked and insured from Europe. Sorry the drag racing at Reading M/C Club was rained off, but I have faked photos of me on a 36VLH Police bike against a hot Sportster at the start line with the flag girl waving us off, which will be in the next European newsletter. Thanks again to Perkiomen Chapter who worked so hard so that the rest of us could have another great Meet.