Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brews Bands and Antique Bikes Show Mercer PA

Quote Originally Posted by shermanpup View Post
    The RM 250 is super clean and they were super fast too
    I had a Suzuki TM400... and OMG it was fast. Too fast for me... so I sold it.

I also picked out a Honda 305 Dream in the pictures... I have one of those right now (don't laugh at me). ;^)
    Jim

AMCA #6520

Thanks, Jason! Great pics! That BSA Tornado is very cool!

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

I also picked out a Honda 305 Dream in the pictures... I have one of those right now (don't laugh at me). ;^)
    The deadly TM 400 famous for explosive power and zero handling. I still have my 1975 TM 100 I used to race as a 14 year old.Great pictures in this post

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

Ad me to the list. I was just discussing the TM400 with the owner of that RM250. I had one and it was wicked but more than anything man did it beat you up after riding for 3-4 hours in the hills of western PA. I was in my 20s so could deal with it for awhile but jeez, killer instant power though the suspension was far behind in technology comparatively! Now wish I'd have kept it. Though it had bumps and bruises, it was never motocrossed and could have easily been restored.
    Jason Z
    AMCA #21594
    Near Pittsburgh PA
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Skirted View Post
    Ad me to the list. I was just discussing the TM400 with the owner of that RM250. I had one and it was wicked but more than anything man did it beat you up after riding for 3-4 hours in the hills of western PA. I was in my 20s so could deal with it for awhile but jeez, killer instant power though the suspension was far behind in technology comparatively! Now wish I'd have kept it. Though it had bumps and bruises, it was never motocrossed and could have easily been restored.
    I remember that. I had a friend who had an RM250 in the day. Crazy power band. He was fast if he didn't get tossed off. Those were the days.

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a fun event.

Kevin

Thank You for the pics. What a selection of makes and models!
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

I think some guys modded the TM 400 to be a drag racer ? I know the Maico 501's were drag raced and did well

I sold my TM400 for $400 (probably LATE 1980s?) and I HATE to say it again... but I sure wish I kept it. Although, it was very hard to start and I really don't have any place to ride it now as all those places are now homes, and businesses. But still...
    Jim

AMCA #6520