Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 stolen indian chief motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by brettxlch View Post
    Thats good to hear....You know i wonder if they make some sort of tiny GPS tracking devices one could hide on bike, with the values going thru the roof, i think it would be worth it.
    They do make such a device, you can track via a phone app. I've never used one but others have; maybe they will chime in with their thoughts.

I tried the crowd source tags and app a year ago when my parts collection was getting pilfered by a local thief. It wasn’t successful, maybe because I am in Canada and it requires lots of users to work, maybe it’s just crap ( my suspicion) The little tags kept giving me updates that my part had shown up at my office, a place it had never been to. The tagged part wasn’t taken and was still in my garage, hadn’t moved.

Craig

As Bob Luland said earlier, the thieves are probably carrying guns, and they're not Rhodes scholars if they've chosen stealing as a career. The police are the only alternative, but where most of us live, the police are quite busy. I believe an ounce of prevention will save a ton of misery, money, and anxiety. Good doors, good locks, and good neighbors.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Quote Originally Posted by exeric View Post
    As Bob Luland said earlier, the thieves are probably carrying guns, and they're not Rhodes scholars if they've chosen stealing as a career. The police are the only alternative, but where most of us live, the police are quite busy. I believe an ounce of prevention will save a ton of misery, money, and anxiety. Good doors, good locks, and good neighbors.
    Very true.