Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 29 model d fender

If I remember correctly a few months ago a friend took a late (maybe 34-36 FRONT skirted) RL or maybe DL repop fender and took the brace off and used the fender shell to make a knuckle fender? Is that possible? I do know he relocated the springer mount holes up on top of the fender which are wider than the knuckle. I had listed the brace on ebay for him and got no response and gave it back to him. I had no idea what the brace was and did a completed auction search and back then found a few fronts with the same brace. I believe that Walksler was one of the sellers. 46

Johnny Sells book would be a big help to you, vintagemotorcycleworks.com!

Funny, the basket 29 I have came with some repop fenders that are for something else and the old brackets were removed . The fenders seem to fit ok but the brackets will not work. I’d really like to have the correct fenders if it’s possible to find some. Yes, I think I need Johnny sells book. Thanks, Rick.

He might have made a fender to fit a Knucklehead but the profile is decidedly different. Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by 46EL View Post
    If I remember correctly a few months ago a friend took a late (maybe 34-36 FRONT skirted) RL or maybe DL repop fender and took the brace off and used the fender shell to make a knuckle fender? Is that possible? I do know he relocated the springer mount holes up on top of the fender which are wider than the knuckle. I had listed the brace on ebay for him and got no response and gave it back to him. I had no idea what the brace was and did a completed auction search and back then found a few fronts with the same brace. I believe that Walksler was one of the sellers. 46

Default Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Funny, the basket 29 I have came with some repop fenders that are for something else and the old brackets were removed . The fenders seem to fit ok but the brackets will not work. Id really like to have the correct fenders if its possible to find some. Yes, I think I need Johnny sells book. Thanks, Rick.
    RICKY- It is Saturday afternoon and the guy who looked at the fenders showed me photos and everything I had left is JD and early VL. Sorry I could not help you. 46EL

Default Harley Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Thank you, what are the chances of locating an original set of fenders for my 29 D?
    Hi Ricky
    If you havn't found fenders for your bike we can make them for you . WWW.vintagesteel.com.au is our website . All first class quality and they will fit. Custom made on form rollers ready to drill and paint no fillers required
    Regards Vintage steel