Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 29 model d fender

If I remember correctly a few months ago a friend took a late (maybe 34-36 FRONT skirted) RL or maybe DL repop fender and took the brace off and used the fender shell to make a knuckle fender? Is that possible? I do know he relocated the springer mount holes up on top of the fender which are wider than the knuckle. I had listed the brace on ebay for him and got no response and gave it back to him. I had no idea what the brace was and did a completed auction search and back then found a few fronts with the same brace. I believe that Walksler was one of the sellers. 46

Johnny Sells book would be a big help to you, vintagemotorcycleworks.com!

Funny, the basket 29 I have came with some repop fenders that are for something else and the old brackets were removed . The fenders seem to fit ok but the brackets will not work. I’d really like to have the correct fenders if it’s possible to find some. Yes, I think I need Johnny sells book. Thanks, Rick.

He might have made a fender to fit a Knucklehead but the profile is decidedly different. Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by 46EL View Post
    If I remember correctly a few months ago a friend took a late (maybe 34-36 FRONT skirted) RL or maybe DL repop fender and took the brace off and used the fender shell to make a knuckle fender? Is that possible? I do know he relocated the springer mount holes up on top of the fender which are wider than the knuckle. I had listed the brace on ebay for him and got no response and gave it back to him. I had no idea what the brace was and did a completed auction search and back then found a few fronts with the same brace. I believe that Walksler was one of the sellers. 46

Default Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Funny, the basket 29 I have came with some repop fenders that are for something else and the old brackets were removed . The fenders seem to fit ok but the brackets will not work. Id really like to have the correct fenders if its possible to find some. Yes, I think I need Johnny sells book. Thanks, Rick.
    RICKY- It is Saturday afternoon and the guy who looked at the fenders showed me photos and everything I had left is JD and early VL. Sorry I could not help you. 46EL