Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now what do I do with L&W gone?

Default Now what do I do with L&W gone?

I see that L&W website is kind of done. Where do I find parts now. I may need a windshield.

Bummer to hear this but it was bound to happen eventually.
    AMCA #765

I wish Merle the best, Folks!

He's got a better exit strategy than I do...

....Cotten
    PS: Paulc!
    I'm running something I found in an alley.
    My hack shields were "temporary" anyway; A step in front of the fender took them out.
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-13-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

I have had windshields made at local plastics shop.

Merle certainly shown his passion and hard work ethic for others to enjoy our Hobby. God Bless

I called about the nice RL fenders he made and he told me $1450.00. Too steep for me . I had called and left messages and he never returned any calls, so you have to speak to him when he is there

I'll put up some money that he will be at Wauseon! Side of the grandstand, just before number 1 turn on the track. He was still there last year sell his parts. Most likely selling his last parts. Liked the parts that I bought from him.

I haven't bought anything from Merle for a number of years, but what I did get from him was first class, and far better than most aftermarket. People think craftsmen like Merle will be doing this stuff forever, but you better patronize them while you can. I always remember telling a friend about some VL parts at Davenport. A fellow was making some very limited, hard to find parts. My friend said, "I'm not working on the VL now, so I'm not interested". A year later he asked me for contact info on that guy. A lot of smart-ass comments came to mind but I just shrugged my shoulders.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

i need a windshield plastic & the fabric apron for my 37 sidecar. who may have them available now that L&W is gone?