Thread: Bad Experience with American Cycle Fabrication Paul and Denise Friebus

Thank you for your message.
    Good luck with your motor build.
    Sincerely, Denise Friebus

Quote Originally Posted by fireboxflame View Post
    Thank you for your message.
    Good luck with your motor build.
    Sincerely, Denise Friebus
    I will be starting the teardown this fall.
    Craig (Delaware)
    AMCA Member #1011

I'd like to share my experience with American Cycle Fab. Earlier this year I dropped my UL off at ACF for a bunch of little issues, I just picked it up last week. It took several months to get it done but I knew it would be there awhile when I dropped it off. They told me it would be awhile and he showed me all the work he had to do before me, so no suprise there. Is Paul hard to reach by phone? Hell yes! But I knew that too. I've worked in a couple bike shops and the phone will drive you crazy. My job at one shop was to screen calls so the owner and mechanic could get work done. If someone's working on your stuff (especially machine work) do you want him bothered and distracted with alot of phone calls? Paul told me my bike would be ready on Saturday when I got there they were working on it. The trans was out and apart. He found a problem I didn't even know about that would have caused major issues down the road. They knew I couldn't get back to pick it up for awhile because my wife was having major surgery. They worked on my bike until after 8:00 that night to get it done. Paul, Denise, and Frank were a pleasure to be around the whole time. While there they gave me a great tour of the shop and showed me the kind of stuff they do. Plus Paul took the time to teach me a bunch of stuff. This man knows flatheads. I am very happy with the work done and the cost and I had a great time. Paul is a flathead genius. I will have him do work for me again and I'm dropping off my 45 cases soon. I've got nothing negative to say about American Cycle Fab.
    Last edited by Flathead fathead; 08-20-2018 at 06:35 AM.