Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing brakes on late model Sidecar frame

I agree with Robbie on trading frames. The rear forging was cut for the 1979 model year for mounting the rear sidecar mount to the rear foot peg mount to the bike frame.

I forgot to tell everyone thanks for helping me make up my mind. I decided to purchase a 45LE sidecar frame. If was way to much work and a job that a could figure out exactly what needed to be done( after I got the info I needed from other people) but I would have had to pay for all the welding and machining and that put the price and time too high! Now I have a early seventies or late sixties side car frame that looks NOS for sale. The only thing to narrow down the age is the Allen bolts on the clamps that are on the frame.
    Thanks

Hi Sidehacker, sorry I didn't get these up sooner, maybe someone else can make use of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidehacker View Post
    I forgot to tell everyone thanks for helping me make up my mind. I decided to purchase a 45LE sidecar frame. If was way to much work and a job that a could figure out exactly what needed to be done( after I got the info I needed from other people) but I would have had to pay for all the welding and machining and that put the price and time too high! Now I have a early seventies or late sixties side car frame that looks NOS for sale. The only thing to narrow down the age is the Allen bolts on the clamps that are on the frame.
    Thanks
    The sidecar frame you are selling has a serial number that gives the year. It is on the front lower sidecar-bike mounting tube about 8" from the arc on the top side. Example: 69le1234

FNG1,
    Do you have the rest of the brake assy. for your frame? The mechanical brake sidecars use the complete brake assy. from the big twin springer frontend.

Your frame also has the rear lower mount for the round swingarm bikes. I just wanted to point that out for the viewers.lol

Hi Ryan, I still need to pick up a drum for the brakes. I am also looking for an "s" pipe and mounts for a rigid frame.

Quote Originally Posted by FNG1 View Post
    Hi Ryan, I still need to pick up a drum for the brakes. I am also looking for an "s" pipe and mounts for a rigid frame.
    Hello Mr. F. New Guy,
    I have the rear mount I'm swap ya for something or another. Do not worry, I am cheap. Lol I will keep my eye out for a S pipe.

Steve Little made a special tool to straighten backing plates. Here is the link:

http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...26823-New-tool
    Last edited by ryan; 03-15-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Hi Ryan, just effing new guy, Mr. effing sounds way too respectable. Thanks for the offer and the link. If you want the swing arm mount, I won't need it. Or we can figure out something else. I haven't tried private messaging yet. If you send me one, I should be able to reply.

Hi Ryan, private message sent