Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scout running out of fuel

But once the float shuts off flow isn't that essentially shutting off the vent in the carb therefore shutting off flow from the tank so the line would show the same level as the bowl? I could be thinking of it completely wrong

I'm not trying to argue with you cotten I'm just trying to understand sorry if it comes off that way

The only Fuel level is in the tank and the bowl.The fuel line with petcock open is an extension of the tank ,full of fuel from the float valve seat to the tank.Maybe an air bubble in your clear line.
    The float valve opens to maintain correct bowl level.The vent is always open.
    Tom

Its just like a toilet, GL!

The float drops to let fuel in at the valve, and shuts it off when it refills.

Air has to get in and out as it cycles; Did you stick a toothpick in the vent hole?

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

I used a 90 pick and it is open,I actually pulled the carb last night and checked everything out,all was clean and clear but the float was cracked. It's made of a foam type material and split right where it attaches to the float arm, still works but I need to replace it before I move on

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Looney View Post
    ...but the float was cracked. It's made of a foam type material and split right where it attaches to the float arm,....
    GL!

You could always drill a hole somewhere else and file it for the arm.

Unless you find other issues with it;

Did it come out of the bowl with no effort?

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-19-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Ya it all but fell out,that's a good idea to drill it and refile,saves a few dollars
    Last edited by Gone Looney; 05-19-2018 at 07:11 PM.

I had a similar problem a few years back, and this is what I eventually found... my fuel line from the tanks had some solder in the "tee", so much so that it restricted the fuel from the full gas tank. I blew air through the line, but the restriction was enough to not allow enough flow of fuel through the fittings and line. This frustrated me for quite awhile, finally I got out the torch and re-soldered the lines. Appearently when I first soldered them I allowed too much solder into the joints at the "tee". You might want to run a long piece of 12 gauge wire completely through the fuel line. It should be able to go all the way through easily. If the plug is in the other side of the "tee", you will have to re-solder the fuel lines. The gap in the "tee" that allows the copper line to fit snugly may be wallered out allowing the solder to flow through the gap and end up in the line. I wrestled with this for several days before I finally figured it out. My solution was to solder a new "tee" that fit the copper lines better. Good Luck.

That's a good thing to look at,I'll check it

I think chieftwokick is on to something. You have a restriction from tank to carb. Right side tank of my VL had blockage on inlet of pet cock in tank. Switch to left tank no problem. Removed and cleaned tank. Problem solved. Supposed to be a debris screen in tank but mine was missing. Check pet cock and tank interior.

Agree with Tom, system works same as toilet tank.