Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WHERE ARE THEY? - 1916 issues of The Harley-Davidson Enthusiast

Hello to all. Runnlo here.
    I have two " numbered issues" #6 and #7. I've had em for several years. When I got them I called Tom Bolfert who was head on H-D archives at the time. He told me the same thing you guys are saying about, that until 1920 they just came out "whenever". He told me that one was 1916 and the other was 1917, and then he tried to buy them for $500 each, but I just old him no thank you, I'm just gonna keep em. They are in really good shape except for the 16 has the front page corner torn off.
    I just wanted to tell Charlie's grandson that I read through them, and didn't find anything about his grandfather.
    All the best,Runnlo P.S. Can anybody give me a clue as to what they are valued at? As I said they are in very good shape except the corner on the 16. and by the way the 6 and 7 have nothing to do with them being 16 and 17, It's just they're issue #

June 1918 is number 12, and it also says volume 1.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rubone; 05-31-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

I also discovered I have a reprint of issue #1 , undated. Can't remember where or when I got it.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Below please find a link to a Clymer reprint of the August 1916 issue that is listed on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/harley_mike2003
    Fletcher Clark Johnston
    AMCA #282