Thread: 1966 FL identification

Question 1966 FL identification

Hi everybody. I recently purchased a 1966 Harley Davidson FL. I read that there were 2175 FL models built in 1966 and all were service bikes, police etc. There was an FLB (hand shifted 4 speed) and the FLFB (foot shifted 4 speed) Can anyone tell how to determine which model I have and where I could get any restoration information. Thanks Pete:::::::;;;;;;;;

Is it foot shift or hand shift?????????????????????????????????????????

I have various pieces of dealer literature for '66 showing all options available on a new machine including some police info. I can post pics of specs.
    Robbie

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Quote Originally Posted by Rubone View Post
    I have various pieces of dealer literature for '66 showing all options available on a new machine including some police info. I can post pics of specs.
    Robbie

Thank you. It now has a foot shift but may have been changed over the years. I wondered if the sequence # in the VIN would determine the model but I believe it is only the bike # on the assembly line. I have a call in to HD they helped me out with my 82 FXRS maybe they can help with this one.

All FL models except the FLH were only stamped FL. The B or FB suffix was not on the engine.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

If you give your serial number to customer service at the factory, they will provide the build date, and some other info.
    VPH-D