Thread: Forum research

Default Forum research

Can someone instruct me how to look up a subject to see if it has been discussed previously. I have never had anything pop up correctly when I have used the blank space labeled "Advanced Search".
    Example, I typed in Indian head gaskets looking for info on what's best and what to stay away from. I got a lot on stuff pop up but nothing I saw pertaining to head gaskets for Indians.
    The other day I searched for information concerning placing oil seals on Knuckleheads - no info popped up from previous post (and nothing from my current post either).
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks
    Sam

The search feature is a little weak on this site. Try to use as few works as possible, search within a specific topic, and use the advanced search and search by title. Using Google To search has also directed me to posts on this site that didn’t appear when I searched this site.

I’ve spent hours, too many, reading old posts on this site and from what I’ve read the solid copper gaskets are the best choice, and I have those on my 47 Chief but it’s still a work in progress.

Nice info....!!!
    Thanks for telling us.

I've never had any luck using "Advanced search", just googling the key words outside of this forum & watch for links leading back here works better.
    Rich

Use the best search engine in the world: Google. Go to google, type this in:

site:www.antiquemotorcycle.org followed by whatever you want to look for

For example
    "site:www.antiquemotorcycle.org flathead head bolts" yields this. (Click image to expand.)

Capture.JPG
    Last edited by govmule84; 04-11-2018 at 04:51 PM.