Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JD Yahoo Groups

yeah, the hard part for a fair amount of us baby-boomers is taking time to become computer proficient. back in 2004, with no small amount of help from a fine young "millennial" man i started up www.cb750sandcastonly.com As far as yahoo and facebook are concerned, as a forum, they are lacking much in terms of being an actual website, which they are not and overall are pretty inadequate to meeting our needs. sandcastonly has a forum very similar to the amca forum, very user-friendly, easily organized, minimal maintenance, minimal moderator input, and minimal annual cost. i turned over all responsibility of the website and forum a few years back to another member (a fellow baby boomer) who is genius at website/forum management. we really need some form and forum for these rare old marques so interest, enthusiasm and information does not die. i would suggest for anyone with the time and ability to find a vendor of these forum platforms to create a forum for grand old marques such as Excelsior, JD, Powerplus, etc. as it is, amca is a wonderful forum dedicated to all old motorcycles. if you look at the forum on sandcastonly, you will see the wide variety of categories dedicated to the sandcast Honda CB750. In terms of forums for our old marques we have a passion for, maybe somebody can take the ball and "run, Forrest, run"..... i don't think an actual website is necessary, but a good user-friendly forum such as amca or sandcastonly is a necessity. the caimag forum is also nice, with exception to the fact it seems down loading pictures is a challenge for many, myself included.
    Last edited by Steve Swan; 12-03-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gharper View Post
    I was a big fan of the Yahoo Big X, Early Chief and Powerplus groups. ..
    Gene
    Let's not forget https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/VirtualIndian/info!

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-03-2017 at 01:39 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Quote Originally Posted by T. Cotten View Post
    Absolutely not !