Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JD Yahoo Groups

Default JD Yahoo Groups

So...?!? Is it possible what we've feared has finally happened? Or is there a problem with Yahoo ? Or me ?

Earlier today i was able to go to JD Yahoo Groups, navigate files, photos, etc but now there is no access, I get the message "Oops! Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content." When I attempt to send an email in reply to the sender or the group, I get returned to the inbox of my yahoo email account. I've tried on both of my pc's and my smart phone with no success.

Has anyone tried very recently to go to JD Yahoo Groups ?

It's possible, but I think it's more likely the system is down temporarily. None of my Yahoo groups are showing up, including one I just started up a week ago and has been quite active until this afternoon.

Wait a day and see what happens.

Peter Findlay
    1925 JDCB

I just send an email to harleyjd@yahoogroups.com and it went through fine. You should have received it also. I think it's just the sites that are down.

Peter

Neither of the Yahoo groups that I am a member of are up. Hopefully its just temporary.

Peter, I did get your email.

Quote Originally Posted by TechNoir View Post
    Neither of the Yahoo groups that I am a member of are up. Hopefully its just temporary.

Peter, I did get your email.
    i got Peter's email in my yahoo mail inbox. when i attempt to reply to sender or group, i cannot. yahoogroups is universally still down. apparently the blame is on verizon's takeover of yahoo a month ago.

I fear that Yahoo groups are dead too Steve.

However I will keep some hope for a few more hours but in reality, if it were a technical glitch then a company like Yahoo would have fixed it pretty quickly if they wanted to so I fear that it is gone.

I have a few files from the files section downloaded but only a few (I should have downloaded them all) I will dig them out in case anyone on here wants them. I do know that I have the distance to degrees BTDC conversion calc for sure. Maybe one or two others.

John

Quote Originally Posted by TechNoir View Post
    I fear that Yahoo groups are dead too Steve.

However I will keep some hope for a few more hours but in reality, if it were a technical glitch then a company like Yahoo would have fixed it pretty quickly if they wanted to so I fear that it is gone.

I have a few files from the files section downloaded but only a few (I should have downloaded them all) I will dig them out in case anyone on here wants them. I do know that I have the distance to degrees BTDC conversion calc for sure. Maybe one or two others.

John
    John, i guess we shall see...... my understanding is verizon took over yahoo, so yahoo is out of the picture and i doubt verizon gives a s h i t about old motorcycles. Interesting Peter could send an email, because i cannot. if yahoogroups is gone, it's killed a bunch of other online clubs. Maybe Dan Margolien will chime in. I'll email Joe Drociuk for his thought.

Looks like things are back up now. It would be nice to hear some sort of statement one way or another re: the lifespan of these groups.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by pfindlay View Post
    Looks like things are back up now. It would be nice to hear some sort of statement one way or another re: the lifespan of these groups.

Peter
    YES, it's back !!!! very good. that would be nice if they would tell us a life span.

I was a big fan of the Yahoo Big X, Early Chief and Powerplus groups. This was a great venue for sharing lots of detailed technical information on these models and I used to contribute heavily to the Big X site. However, Yahoo made it harder and harder to use and downloading became impossible, so they just held the content as their own. Then comes facebook and now there is virtually no activity on the X site. There is some on facebook, but it isn't in a format that can be easily accessed at a later date. It seems to be mostly "look at me right now" stuff and misinformation. So, I'm disappointed with it all. The Big X site is still up but has only had 9 posts all year, half about Henderson. Sorry, I'm not into the face time or my space crap! I prefer a site where technical information can be shared and archived for future reference.

So, Excelsior guys, here is the link: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ior_big_x/info Step on board for the big win!!!!!

Gene