Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3391-29A, Control coil clip, rear

Default 3391-29A, Control coil clip, rear

As I've mentioned before, I'm helping a local buddy get his 29 together and on the road. We are needing the rear control coil clip, 3391-29A, that attaches to the cylinder to frame mounting stud. As you know, the part number is actually three pieces, the main body of the clamp, and the clip that's held to the main clamp by a screw. I am wondering if anyone has one of these clips, at least the main body, (preferably also the small clip part) you would be so gracious as to make a tracing of so i can use to make up the actual part. Or if you would even be more gracious in loan me the clip so i can have an actual sample to make a template from. Ideally, if anyone has a spare 3391-29A to sell, that'd be the ultimate. I understand this clip is lost art, but it never hurts to ask, as one never knows.....

Steve
    For whatever reason that rear bracket is rare as hens teeth. I can send you a tracing.
    Email me.
    Mark Masa

Thanks Mark, i will send you an email.

Don't panic just yet.
    I'll look tomorrow if the hips let me.
    I think I have at least one spare one of those.
    Let me look and I'll get back to you.
    Saw the surgeon today. New hip before Xmas.
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Don't panic just yet.
    I'll look tomorrow if the hips let me.
    I think I have at least one spare one of those.
    Let me look and I'll get back to you.
    Saw the surgeon today. New hip before Xmas.
    Wow, thanks Tommo! If you have one, that would be really very nice! Glad to hear you're on the surgery schedule ! You'll be like a new man !

I had a full hip replacement 10 weeks ago now Tommo. My only complaint is that it feels like I should be able to do anything I like, but I cannot and need to be patient with the healing.

As for the bracket, if I had one I wouldn't be able to identify it from this thread with no pictures!!
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Quote Originally Posted by Rubone View Post
    I had a full hip replacement 10 weeks ago now Tommo. My only complaint is that it feels like I should be able to do anything I like, but I cannot and need to be patient with the healing.

As for the bracket, if I had one I wouldn't be able to identify it from this thread with no pictures!!
    HR is a major surgery. What the surgeon does in removing the old parts and "installing" the new parts, is no small feat and no wonder there is a period of recuperation and rehabilitation after the surgery. Each person has their own recovery period in terms of how they feel, what their limitations are during recuperation and how long it takes to be back to feeling like they never had a hip problem. 10 weeks is only 2-1/2 months, you've got a ways to go, despite what you may be told to expect how you should be progressing. As long as you are not having continuous pain or immobility, and any discomfort you are having is related only to rehab exercises/normal movement, you should be fine. Be patient, persevere and do what you're told to do/not do. The pay off should be worth it.

Best of luck with the hip replacement, Tommo. My old boss had spinal rheumatoid arthritis, and had 3 hip replacements. He was very active, and his RA disability didn't slow him down at all. He was a strong proponent of hip replacement and often said it greatly improved the quality of his life. He rode a motorcycle, and did a lot of off-road ATV stuff. Also, it didn't matter where you went in that building, he could find you goofing off
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

"Houston we have a problem"
    I checked and I have two spare ones but now the problem.
    Close inspection reveals they are handed. See the attached photos.
    I've never noticed this before and do not now know exactly what one fits what.
    I'll go parts book hunting but if anyone out there has any ideas they are more than welcome.
    Steve pm me with regard these clamps.
    Just previewed my post and saw the poor quality of the middle photo.
    Sorry about that but it's been done in a hurry.
    The one on the left in photo 3 is the 1929 one. 3391-28A
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tommo; 11-14-2017 at 10:24 PM. Reason: additional info
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Tommo, i sent you a pm. Thank you. i don't have my parts book in front of me, but it looks like those clamps are 3391-28 and 3391-28A ?