Thread: Brake Cable Anchor Stud

Default Brake Cable Anchor Stud

Can anyone offer guidance on what is involved with replacing a brake cable anchor stud on a Knuckle front brake plate? Do you drill out the old one or grind off the mushroomed over part on the inside? It could then be pulled or pressed out? Then the new one, do you press it in? How do you create the new mushroom to secure it? I have seen the replacement anchors but want to know what is involved before I would attempt a replacement. Thanks, Bob

Bob

It might be a light press but it needs to 'peened' like the old original one. The 'mushroom' you speak of is actually the peened head.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshotbob View Post
    Can anyone offer guidance on what is involved with replacing a brake cable anchor stud on a Knuckle front brake plate? Do you drill out the old one or grind off the mushroomed over part on the inside? It could then be pulled or pressed out? Then the new one, do you press it in? How do you create the new mushroom to secure it? I have seen the replacement anchors but want to know what is involved before I would attempt a replacement. Thanks, Bob

Is it destroyed or just loose?

Pretty mutilated, it needs to be replaced.

If it has to be peened in place, what would be the best method?

Bob

I have peened them with a hammer but it does not look like the original did but holds up. Jerry