Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 29 model d fender

Default 29 model d fender

Are model D and JD fenders interchangeable for 1929? Thanks, Rick.

No they are not.
    Mark

Thank you, what are the chances of locating an original set of fenders for my 29 D?

'29 DL parts are pretty rare.It would probably be easier to pay someone $$$$$ to make them.I had a pile of '29DL only parts a few years back & the first guy to call took them all.

I picked up a small boatload of late 20's and early 30's oddball 45 fenders from what I was told.
    Post a photo of what fender you are looking for. 46el

Default 29 d fenders

Quote Originally Posted by 46EL View Post
    I picked up a small boatload of late 20's and early 30's oddball 45 fenders from what I was told.
    Post a photo of what fender you are looking for. 46el
    Here are some photos of a 29 D I found online Iíll have to do some further research to figure out exactly how to identify them. Thanks, Rick.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ricky,
    Keep in mind that all 45s from the '29 D series up had drive chains on the right hand side. All big twins have it on the left. Consequently the chain cutout/relief is on the right side, the offset in the braces is on the right side, and rear chainguard mounts are on the right side, etc.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Also, this post is in the wrong category. This is 'Hot Sheet' for stolen property.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Thanks Robbie that will help and thanks Eric I hadn’t noticed, is there any way to change the catagory now?

Ricky, the only reason it's an issue is for people in the future that may need this information. The search feature here is rather feeble so searching by category, and title seems to be the best way to find something. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, because I've done the same thing
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886